PDA

View Full Version : 12" kicker comp vr enclosure

jaegerbombs
01-25-2012, 04:48 PM
So this is my personal debate between myself. idk if i should go ported or sealed? I have a pair of the 03 cvrs i am stuck with. Only pair i can use right now. im looking to get alot of low end truck shaking base. i am wondering if i should build a ported or sealed enclosure. i know sealed is better sound quality, blah blah... these are the measurements i was looking to use for a sealed angled box. 24"tall, 50" wide, 5" top' 10" bottom which gave me like a 3.78 cu/ft box. If a ported box is better, what demensions (in those balpark area) should i use. thanks for the advice ahead tme.

DoesDad
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
CVR's love ported like all Kicker subs except the solo classic. And if you can get fit that big of a sealed box in your truck you can definitely go ported.

jaegerbombs
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
yeahhh all i am basically loosing in my single cab f-150 is some leg room but ill live! will that same box demensions still work? and i was thinking a 4 in round PVC tube port? could i go from the top near the edge and go down? was thinking of tuning it to 33hz making the tube 14.35" long? should i do lower or higher hz?

DoesDad
01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Wrong guy to ask for box specs. Lol! There's a bunch of guys that will help you out though. I know I usually like my stuff tuned lower. 32-35. I've had 2 CVR's. had em' on only 600 rms and they got pretty loud.

pro-rabbit
01-25-2012, 05:40 PM
It will depend on what kind of room you have behind that seat. If you can get enough volume while still be ok to drive then you can do ported. If not..then you are stuck with sealed.

jaegerbombs
01-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Well like I saaid with those specs, I get a 3.78 cube box. Planning on putting in a divider so they both have own airspace.