PDA

View Full Version : $200 budget, Front Stage and Rear Fill..

SSpiro
01-25-2012, 09:53 AM
I have a 2011 Altima. Need to replace all four speakers.

Front stage is 6.5.. Dash has a a spot for 3.5" speakers, so I plan on mounting the tweets there. Components most likely in the door if I can fit them in there.

Rear is 6x9's on the rear deck. There are door speaker spots, but I didn't get the bose system so they are empty.

Subs will be 3 x JL 10W6.. The originals.

Amp's will be a Zapco AG750 for the subs, and Alpine MRPF240 for all the rest of the speakers.

Given this setup, would you recommend a 6x9 in the rear deck, a 6.5 component in the rear deck, or cover the deck and put 6.5 components in the rear doors?

In addition, given the budget (i'll buy used most likely), what brand and any specific models you'd recommend? I was checking out the Polk DB series, or Infinity reference. I've also had good luck with Alpine in the past.

Why So Cereal?
01-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Are u after SQ or SPL or just a nice sound (SQL)?

If youre after SQ, I'd say just run fronts and bridge the amp to the fronts for more power and without buying rears you'll have extra cash for better fronts and you'll get better imaging, staging, blah blah.
If your after nice budget SQL, I say get a nice comp set upfront and some coaxs for the rear doors and ditch the rear deck speakers. I'd still bridge the amp to the fronts and run the rears off HU power or get a stronger amp (or another 2 channel amp) for it all. In that case, I'd look into the lower line Boston Acoustics (S, SE maybe SC) or Pioneer D series comps...thats if you chose to buy new. There are probably other options in your price range but these are what I have personal experience with so I'm not speaking from internet hype.

BTW, nice subs there I love the O/S w6s :)

SSpiro
01-26-2012, 08:48 PM
This sounds like a plan. Thank you..

Any other suggestions?

dooski
01-26-2012, 09:03 PM
I have a 2011 Altima. Need to replace all four speakers.

Front stage is 6.5.. Dash has a a spot for 3.5" speakers, so I plan on mounting the tweets there. Components most likely in the door if I can fit them in there.

Rear is 6x9's on the rear deck. There are door speaker spots, but I didn't get the bose system so they are empty.

Subs will be 3 x JL 10W6.. The originals.

Amp's will be a Zapco AG750 for the subs, and Alpine MRPF240 for all the rest of the speakers.

Given this setup, would you recommend a 6x9 in the rear deck, a 6.5 component in the rear deck, or cover the deck and put 6.5 components in the rear doors?

In addition, given the budget (i'll buy used most likely), what brand and any specific models you'd recommend? I was checking out the Polk DB series, or Infinity reference. I've also had good luck with Alpine in the past.

I've asked a similar question and most ppl's replies was dont get comp for rears its just a waste of money and I partially agree with what the other guy said to bridge the amps for the front but dont use the Hu for the rears "due to audible distortion"-from keep_hope_alive.

What kind of car is it, you might not even need rear's for fill.

SSpiro
01-26-2012, 09:04 PM
2011 Altima sedan