PDA

View Full Version : a bad noise when speakers are on the right side

lolingirunarlol
01-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Me and a buddy of mine just installed a new system in the car.
When I first started listening when I thought the system was ready, the right speaker(not the tweeter like I thought in my last thread,) had some bad noise when the volume was turned up, like it was getting a little "tired".
Then we took the speakers out, and switched them. The noise kept coming out of the right side, and now with the other speaker that sounded perfectly fine when it was on the other side. And the speaker that we moved to the left side now sounded like nothing happened.
What can this be? The wires are the same on both sides.
The speakers are perfectly new.

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Swap L and R Rcas, check again.
What amp is it

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the reply :)
I just did that.
Kinda weird.
The amp is WoofersEtc.com - FD 2200 - ARC Audio 2 Channel 370 Watt Amplifier (http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6856-fd-2200-arc-audio-2-channel-370-watt-amplifier.aspx) and the speakers are WoofersEtc.com - CXS62 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Ohm Component System (http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7173-cxs62-v2-image-dynamics-65-2-ohm-component-system.aspx).
The guy that I paid to put this in my car doesn't know what's wrong.
I'm screwed if I you guys cant help me.

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 06:45 PM
call Arc on it or woofersetc where u bought the amp.

u already tried swapping the speaker wires at the amp right?

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I will.
And yes, and it didn't change anything.
You don't have any clue what could be wrong?

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 06:50 PM
when u swapped the speaker wires at the amp, did the noise stay in the right side or move to the left?

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
it just stayed on the right side.

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 06:54 PM
The right side also has a little "shower sound", or the sound that a television makes when it can't find the channel. Hope you're still with me, I cant explain it better.

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 06:57 PM
So, that makes me think its not the amp channel since the bad sound didnt travel with whichever speakers were on that channel......double check your grounds. Also, check the ohm loads on the speakers, and those RCAs one more time. See if the bad sound moves to the other side when u swap the left and right RCAs.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

The right side also has a little "shower sound", or the sound that a television makes when it can't find the channel. Hope you're still with me, I cant explain it better.

static? lol

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
That's right, here in Iceland it's called "Suš".
Thank you, I will try that.

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
or, if you have an amp at home u can swap in for a second, that should clear things up pretty fast, though, I dont think its the amp because the "Suš" is not traveling with the speakers when u swap speaker wires at the amp thus not indicating a bad channel.

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Also, should my crossovers be in "high" or "full" on the amp?
That *** that put the stuff in my car(didn't know what to say other then "buddy", lol) said that he switched the speakers, I dont know if I should belive him or why I should not belive him - it's not like the speakers can get destroyed on almost the first time they were tested, right?
I am just a little worried if he'd broke the speaker and is just lying to me.

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Also, should my crossovers be in "high" or "full" on the amp?
That *** that put the stuff in my car(didn't know what to say other then "buddy", lol) said that he switched the speakers, I dont know if I should belive him or why I should not belive him - it's not like the speakers can get destroyed on almost the first time they were tested, right?
I am just a little worried if he'd broke the speaker and is just lying to me.

If you have a high pass filter on your HU, then full. If not, then high and adjusted accordingly.
LOL, yea thats why I said swap the speaker wires at the amp. Its easy to do and quick. Yes, it is possible to ruin speakers on the first time tested if you dont know wtf youre doing.

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I do have an high pass filter on my HU (WoofersEtc.com - DEH-P8300UB - Pioneer CD/MP3 Car Stereo with PandoraLink, iPod Controls w/ USB (http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9676-deh-p8300ub-pioneer-cdmp3-car-stereo-with-pandoralink-ipod-controls-w-usb.aspx)).
When I checked it was just high, and when I put it in full the right speaker went ape sh*t and the sound became alot worse.
Is it possible that he was lowering the sq on the amp so I wouldn't notice the sound? He also changed the Hz on the back.

lolingirunarlol
01-24-2012, 07:15 PM
I thing swapping the speaker wires will be too hard for me..

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 08:45 PM
I do have an high pass filter on my HU (WoofersEtc.com - DEH-P8300UB - Pioneer CD/MP3 Car Stereo with PandoraLink, iPod Controls w/ USB (http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9676-deh-p8300ub-pioneer-cdmp3-car-stereo-with-pandoralink-ipod-controls-w-usb.aspx)).
When I checked it was just high, and when I put it in full the right speaker went ape sh*t and the sound became alot worse.
Is it possible that he was lowering the sq on the amp so I wouldn't notice the sound? He also changed the Hz on the back.

depends on what point the hpf is set on at the HU. When u say the speaker got worse, do u mean the static got worse, or like it started bottoming out? the setting he changed on the amp is probably just the high pass filter setting.

I thing swapping the speaker wires will be too hard for me..
just do it at the amp. take the pos and neg from one side and put them in the other channels and vice versa with the other wires. shouldnt take more than 3 minutes.

Fi-brations
01-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I doubt it is the speaker itself if swapping sides makes the "bad" one sound good, could it be that the right side speaker "area" is not sealed properly?

Why So Cereal?
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Yea, I just reread your posts. It sounds like it could be the amp since you havent tried swapping the speaker wires at the amp yet, its hard to tell. But, in the OP you said u guys swapped the speakers (assuming in the doors and not at the amp) and the sound stayed on the right side. So that could indicate a bad amp channel.

lolingirunarlol
01-25-2012, 08:13 PM
he told me that he swapped the speakers itself, i dont know if he's lying or not.
he also said that he swapped the speaker wires, but still, the "bad" noise and the static noise continues.
he wasn't at home when I picked up the car, so he just left the key on the tire. i couldn't show him the noise.
but i have his phone number, address and a name. just hope he didn't ruin the speaker.
i'll check the speaker wires myself tomorrow and take some photos of the amp settings.
my car is stuck at a parking lot downtown, f.uck Iceland, the snow storm and my lowered car.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387848_10150434416014927_537714926_7982903_1418972 403_n.jpg

lolingirunarlol
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I picked up my car 30 minutes ago, thank god for my friend's pickup.
I swapped the speaker wires(the two on the left went to the right and likewise with the other, that's what I was supposed to do, right?).
The sound stayed on the right side, any ideas what's wrong now?
Lets suggest that the guy told the truth, and swapped the speakers - what could be wrong?

Why So Cereal?
01-25-2012, 09:35 PM
If you swapped the wires and sound stayed in the same speakers, it could be the speakers....or a bad RCA...or possibly a bad ground.

lolingirunarlol
01-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I doubt it is the speaker itself if swapping sides makes the "bad" one sound good, could it be that the right side speaker "area" is not sealed properly?

Could this not be an option?
Are the speakers tested before they are shipped, like Sundown Audio did to the subwoofers?
And if so, how the hell could he have damaged the speaker while fitting them?
I am going to swap the speakers myself tomorrow with the help of a friend, if he lied he is going to get it!

lolingirunarlol
01-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I cant belive this!
How can this guy be so stupid.
After ten minutes of fiddeling around with the speakers, me and my friend noticed that the right speaker had the tweeter screwed down so much that the bracked was touching the woofer itself, so it couldn't "bounce".
While the left speaker had a room to "bounce".
This must be some kind of a factory flaw(couldn't find a better word, my english dictonary subscribtion is outdated), but I was thinking if it would be okay to just take of the bracket, or is it supposed to be there to "guide" the sound in one direction?
He's a picture of the two speakers, the one that had the bad sound with the bracket off and the one on the left side that was working fine.
http://i41.tinypic.com/1gradi.jpg
I was also thinking about mounting them there:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/crvtwt.jpg
I think it will sound better, am I right?