PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a little worried

ninjawhiteboy12
01-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I purchased a Soundstream XXX Motor from Parker G on December 6th and all correspondence were great. His asking price was $205. and after asing him if he could go any lower he said he could do $195 if I sent it as a gift. Accidentally I sent the $195. as payment at first and he refunded my money and requested me to send it again as a gift according to our agreement. I resent the money as a gift and he confirmed that he received it. He was very good about responding to all my questions and talking to me about technical aspects of my build and on Friday December 9th I messaged him asking when it would ship and he said

"I just called my bank and the funds still haven't been added. So if it clears tomorrow before post office closes ill ship tomorrow if not it should go monday."

I wasn't in a huge hurry to receive the motor, but after getting that response I expected it to be in transit and at my doorstep soon.

A few weeks went by and still no motor, so I messaged him about it and noticed that he hadn't been online since the day I sent the payment. I thought it may be a coincidence and waited a little longer and once again no motor arrived. It has been 6 weeks since I sent him the money and have not heard from him or received the motor. He seemed to have positive itrader feedback and after talking to him he didn't seem to be a shady guy. I don't know what to do, I can't contact him and I can't contact paypal about a claim since the money was sent as a gift. If any of you know Parker G could you contact him and see if he forgot or at least do me the favor of telling me that I got ripped off. I would just like to stop hoping and expecting for the motor to arrive every time I check the mail.

Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Louisiana_CRX
01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Im not familiar with who that is ...hopefully someone else can help

daboyfrumdabx
01-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Gifts aren't free anymore. You still have to pay the difference. Should've just paid the difference as a purchase rather than gift. Also, who still "calls" their bank? I don't know if I'm just the minority, but I stare at this fancy computer screen in front of it and it magically shows me account activity. You gotz scammed bro. Unless of course there was a tragic accident involved, but it doesn't sound good.

ninjawhiteboy12
01-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I realize that now, but me being the cheap *** I am I thought, hey if i can save $10 then great.

matt_bennett05
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Gifts aren't free anymore. You still have to pay the difference. Should've just paid the difference as a purchase rather than gift

This! If in doubt, cover with $5 or so to know you can't and won't get shat on!

Why So Cereal?
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Tough call there since he hasn't been online....maybe something happened to him...granted I do have a tendency of giving people the benefit of the doubt too much sometimes....I doubt I'd have waited this long though. If I dont get tracking info within a few days I go into full "WTF IS GOING ON" mode.

brodeisel
01-23-2012, 12:46 AM
I think you got scammed hardcore have the mods check an ip ect. DO you have his email he used for paypal?

Louisiana_CRX
01-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Tough call there since he hasn't been online....maybe something happened to him...

maybe he's on vacation :confused:

ninjawhiteboy12
01-23-2012, 12:52 AM
His name is Parker Garms and I have his email
I emailed him and we shall see if he answers

Dirtrider4eva
01-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Wheres his place of living? If hes local ill hit him up

daboyfrumdabx
01-23-2012, 12:54 AM
His name is Parker Garms and I have his email
should I email him?

The question is not "should you email him?", the question is "how did you let 6 weeks go by without having already tried to email him?"

ninjawhiteboy12
01-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Wheres his place of living? If hes local ill hit him up
His profile says Bloomington, Il
if you could do that i would really appreciate it

The question is not "should you email him?", the question is "how did you let 6 weeks go by without having already tried to email him?"

I know, I have just been busy and tent to give people the benefit of the doubt so I have him more time than I should

brodeisel
01-23-2012, 01:48 AM
maybe he's on vacation :confused:

I doubt he is like you and takes 6 week vacations.

Why So Cereal?
01-23-2012, 02:44 AM
hmmm....i got scammed by a guy in IL not too long ago...wonder if there's any connection....

murph
01-23-2012, 02:57 AM
maybe he got busted along with the other megaupload guys

ninjawhiteboy12
01-23-2012, 03:04 AM
hopefully if he is the same guy, he did get caught

ninjawhiteboy12
01-27-2012, 02:33 AM
has anyone else had bad experiences with Parker G?

ninjawhiteboy12
01-31-2012, 03:36 AM
no reply from his email, I can't be the only one he has ripped off
anyone else had a bad experience with him?

sobe3yourself.
01-31-2012, 03:41 AM
let this be a lesson to all...NEVER PAY VIA GIFT. i always tell people, ill pay pp fees, but i will not send money as a gift. ***** that he got you, but take this and learn from it.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-31-2012, 03:48 AM
Make sure he gets a bad feedback so we can keep track if you are for sure...