PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 component enclosure

chrisw91
01-21-2012, 05:51 PM
so i just got some 6.5 cdt's and for the heck of it read the install section on there website. where they mentioned to never put speakers as big as 6.5's in a small enclosure such as fiberglass kick panels. i originally planned on doing that, but it makes sense to me, probably not enough volume. so my question is, out the people that do put them in the stock door location, do you seal off your door or not? on my other truck i but some pieces of sheet metal and siliconed to the door, it was just too much work, and when i needed to work on the inside of door i had to take them off. what is your opinion?

Why So Cereal?
01-21-2012, 05:57 PM
the door seals make a night and day difference in my experience. With that backwave coming off the driver, not sealing the door allows it to create cancellation issues that cause lack of midbass and sometimes less pronounced midrange performance. I've also run midbass in small kicks and it worked for me. Takes more power to make them move as opposed to in a door though. You will also be able to feel the bass in your feet generally unless u mass the floor.

chrisw91
01-21-2012, 06:08 PM
how do you go about sealing your doors?

Why So Cereal?
01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Deadened wood or sheet metal over the holes in the door frame. And some CCF along panel to eliminate rattles