PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Test CD or downloadable test track? New Toy-HU-Eclipse CD7200 mk II

MediumTech
01-21-2012, 08:57 AM
I've installed my first HU with time delay: HU-Eclipse CD7200 mk II

"Regular Music" is proving to be challanging to tune with.
I'm looking for advice on dowloadable test tracks, or test CD's to have better tools to check alignment with.

Advice?

This where I got it on my first evening of "trying to figure out how to do it right":
I'm in a 4-door SUV with front and rear door speakers, and a sub behind the rear seat.
I started with the Sub (farthest) at zero time delay, but then I added "-1.0msec" to everything so I could have the flexibily to move the Sub both up and down because my unit does not adjust beyond zero.

(each of these numbers have "-1.0msec" added to them for flexibility with the sub while I'm experimenting & learning)

-5.0msec, Front Left (Front seperate components near front edge of door)
-2.1msec, Front Right
-5.4msec, Rear Left (Rear 6.5" triaxial, at lower front of door)
-1.1msec, Rear Right
-2.2msec, Sub (behind second row seats)
(I started with the Sub at 1.0, but then I "played" with moving it around a bit, and ended up here. I'll probably keep checking on this)

TaylorFade
01-21-2012, 09:01 AM
See if you can find the Focal demo disks. Disk 2 is a "tools" CD with pink noise and other stuff. There are 6 disks total. That's a crap ton of reference material. They were on MegaUpload for free but I heard a rumor that that site was down?

TaylorFade
01-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Why are you delaying every speaker in the car? There should be at least one with no delay. Lol.

whitedragon551
01-21-2012, 09:08 AM
See if you can find the Focal demo disks. Disk 2 is a "tools" CD with pink noise and other stuff. There are 6 disks total. That's a crap ton of reference material. They were on MegaUpload for free but I heard a rumor that that site was down?

All 6 Focal Demo Discs Ready for Download - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-sq-forum-technical-advanced/48815-all-6-focal-demo-discs-ready-download.html)

Why are you delaying every speaker in the car? There should be at least one with no delay. Lol.

Just pointed that out in his other thread.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/494751-test-tone-collection.html

CAT MAN
01-21-2012, 09:11 AM
All 6 Focal Demo Discs Ready for Download - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-sq-forum-technical-advanced/48815-all-6-focal-demo-discs-ready-download.html)

Just pointed that out in his other thread.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/494751-test-tone-collection.html
only bad thing is that you cant download them.....the goverment took out megaaupload

whitedragon551
01-21-2012, 09:12 AM
only bad thing is that you cant download them.....the goverment took out megaaupload

Meh. Ive got them all.

CAT MAN
01-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Meh. Ive got them all.

put those b1tches on pirate bay ill help seed for today

whitedragon551
01-21-2012, 09:15 AM
put those b1tches on pirate bay ill help seed for today

Thats 3Gbs worth of music just in Focal discs.

CAT MAN
01-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Thats 3Gbs worth of music just in Focal discs.

hmmm.... yhour upload should take it :naughty:

whitedragon551
01-21-2012, 09:45 AM
hmmm.... yhour upload should take it :naughty:

Its up on Demonoid.

CAT MAN
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Its up on Demonoid.
im picking it up now. :cuddle: now just need a seeder :sneaky:

Louisiana_CRX
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Try Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" a great CD for testing the accoustic abilities of your system....

MediumTech
01-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Try Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" a great CD for testing the accoustic abilities of your system....
Thanks, I have that one... I'll give it a try (I'm originally from Lafayette, LA ... I have to import spices to this tasteless place..... THEY DON'T SEASON THEIR FRIED FISH HERE! OMG!)
Thanks for the other advice guys... I'll search for the stuff you mentioned.