PDA

View Full Version : What to tune box to?

Pumper
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Here is my box

Atrend 15Lsv Atrend Series 15-Inch Single Vented Spl Enclosure | Mirage Omni 550 Dimensions (http://decamirageomni550dimensionscounty.blogspot.com/2011/10/atrend-15lsv-atrend-series-15-inch.html)

I got a single 15 inch SSA ICON Dual 2 Ohm.

I do care about quality, but at the same time, I want my stuff to be heard down the block.

Wingsfreak9
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
tune low.

fasfocus00
01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Here is my box

Atrend 15Lsv Atrend Series 15-Inch Single Vented Spl Enclosure | Mirage Omni 550 Dimensions (http://decamirageomni550dimensionscounty.blogspot.com/2011/10/atrend-15lsv-atrend-series-15-inch.html)

I got a single 15 inch SSA ICON Dual 2 Ohm.

I do care about quality, but at the same time, I want my stuff to be heard down the block.

do you know that's a pre-fab box you linked to?

Wingsfreak9
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
do you know that's a pre-fab box you linked to?

i was just gonna let it go....

Pumper
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't know **** about sub boxes. Here is the link I bought it from.

http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-15-Inch-Single-Vented-Enclosure/dp/B0013MYX7A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1327021754&sr=8-4

Am I not allowed to tune a pre-built box?

double 07
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Nope......they are pre-tuned.........most of the time in the 40s......Its not going to like MUSIC.......

Drummer65
01-19-2012, 09:16 PM
shoulda google'd DR.SUBWOOFER PORT TUNING before buying that enclosure...

If you give us the length of the port we can tell you what its tuned to.

Pumper
01-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Well I actually just placed the order 15 minutes ago, so I can still cancel it on amazon. But the reviews look good. Everyone says it slaps hard. I can't seem to find the enclosure, however. Anyone else have any luck?

Boomsday
01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Have one of the 50 guys on here that do it, hook u up ;)

jeremyg1
01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Well I actually just placed the order 15 minutes ago, so I can still cancel it on amazon. But the reviews look good. Everyone says it slaps hard. I can't seem to find the enclosure, however. Anyone else have any luck?

I would highly suggest getting a custom enclosure built for your driver and car. You will be much happier with the result

Pumper
01-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I got this box and it's a BEAST! I have yet to hook up my subs to it, I tried, and failed. So I'm taking it to bestbuy and they're doing it all for $20.

Anways, this ***** is big. It doesn't fit in my trunk. So I just laid it down with the sub facing up in m back seat. It's not mounted so it moves. How can I mount in in m backseat? Do I have to pull my seats out or something?

I drive a Saturn Ion 2. 2005.

Germ305
01-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Atrend's website says the box is tuned @37hz...aand has a net cu ft. of 4.25

kushy_dreams
01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
You should never have a speaker box just laying on your back seat. If you get in an accident, that sum bish is coming forward like a sledge hammer and will split your head in half. Get something that will fit in your trunk. You should never ever buy a premade box, they are all junk.

kushy_dreams
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM

take about .15 to .25 out for sub disp and that raises the tune to closer to 40 once you drop the woofer in.

Germ305
01-24-2012, 01:54 PM
take about .15 to .25 out for sub disp and that raises the tune to closer to 40 once you drop the woofer in.

It is with woofer displacement...gross is 5 cu ft.

kushy_dreams
01-24-2012, 01:58 PM
It is with woofer displacement...gross is 5 cu ft.

Well sub disp usually isnt much over .3 unless you have some massive 18in woofer or larger, so maybe tuning isnt that high, but its still more than desirable for daily listening.

Nut Hair Trick
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
You should never have a speaker box just laying on your back seat. If you get in an accident, that sum bish is coming forward like a sledge hammer and will split your head in half. Get something that will fit in your trunk. You should never ever buy a premade box, they are all junk.
True story. I have seen a few people knocked da F out by their "boom boxes" during car wrecks. Fortunately the impact on these wrecks that I have seen so far havent been severe enough to decapitate a ******, but it will happen.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Exactly why I'm asking how to mount it securely. lol

Should I get a rope and tie it around my back seat, ghetto style?

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
You should not have it in/on the back seat.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 02:52 PM

Meh, I do not trust any "prefab" enclosure to be correct or even close to specs they list. Atrend is no different.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 02:57 PM
You should not have it in/on the back seat.

When am I suppose to do then? There is enough room in the trunk for it to fit in, the problem is getting it IN the trunk. Idk where I can buy a sub box for a 15 inch sub that will get IN my trunk.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 02:59 PM
When am I suppose to do then? There is enough room in the trunk for it to fit in, the problem is getting it IN the trunk. Idk where I can buy a sub box for a 15 inch sub that will get IN my trunk.

Did you read my sig by chance lol...

If it does not fit, then sell it and get something else to work. If for some odd reason there is no way at all to fit the sub in the car, then sell the sub and get something smaller that will fit. However, you should be able to alter the dims of the enclosure and make it fit into your car.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Did you read my sig by chance lol...

If it does not fit, then sell it and get something else to work. If for some odd reason there is no way at all to fit the sub in the car, then sell the sub and get something smaller that will fit. However, you should be able to alter the dims of the enclosure and make it fit into your car.

I don't know my dimensions. I'm bad at that stuff. Bleh I guess I will hope I can return this back to amazon with full refund. (Only had it for 1 day) I will go for custom built ported box. I don't know how to measure dimensions and what to tune the box to, however. If I take it to a builder I'm sure he would know how to do it yeah?

Also, how do I find a local builder? Do I just Google "zipcode builder"?

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I can ship you an enclosure if you want. Not hard at all to figure out what will fit into your car.

As for enclosure size and tuning, that are things the builder should be able to determine. Your product used and the car itself should be considered when designing/building an enclosure.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:11 PM
I spent $116 on these too. Hopefully builders will charge around there. I don't want to spend a lot of money for a custom box. Also, would it be possible to have my box take up the whole trunk?

Mega Bass Test - YouTube (http://youtu.be/4rQIjVqoMZA)

Like that would be sick. Obviously not as big because my cars trunk isn't that big. But could I leave my car with the builder and have him build around the trunk?

EDIT: Could u do that?

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:14 PM
I spent $116 on these too. Hopefully builders will charge around there. I don't want to spend a lot of money for a custom box. Also, would it be possible to have my box take up the whole trunk?

Mega Bass Test - YouTube (http://youtu.be/4rQIjVqoMZA)

Like that would be sick. Obviously not as big because my cars trunk isn't that big. But could I leave my car with the builder and have him build around the trunk?

EDIT: Could u do that?

You are less then likely going to get the same deal as you do for prefab enclosures from a builder for custom work.

Yes, you can have everything trimmed out with a nice flush finish. Pricing varies from shop to shop and builder to builder. Do your research before you go to a shop or a builder for work.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
How would I do my research? I don't even know how to research this. "Local builders in my area" on google?

Also, I'm guessing you can't have a nicely trimmed ported box b/c my car isn't with you. However, you still could make a nice box that would bump, couldn't you? I have a Saturn Ion 2, 2005. What can you do for me brotha? Price?

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/dc-creations/533676-selling-my-dc-creations-15-slot-port-custom-box.html

If that will fit that is your best option for an enclosure. Won't be able to beat that price. If you want I can get you a shipping quote to your zip.

As for paying we take credit/debit card or paypal. All though this enclosure is owned by 30DZ I can take payment and forward him his funds.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:29 PM
$100 just for shipping? Hell no!

And idk if i will fit. I'm bad at measurements.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:32 PM
$100 just for shipping? Hell no!

And idk if i will fit. I'm bad at measurements.

Where did $100 for shipping come from?

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:32 PM
"I'm selling the box for only $100 or best offer + shipping this is a $200 box."

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:34 PM
"I'm selling the box for only $100 or best offer + shipping this is a $200 box."

Which is $100 plus shipping. Which means you pay $100 and the shipping costs.

That enclosure was far more then what he is selling it for. If you want to stay cheap then pick up a prefab and deal with the issues that come from having a prefab. I would say build your own, but you have made it clear that reading a tape measure is not an ability you have at this time.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Which is $100 plus shipping. Which means you pay $100 and the shipping costs.

That enclosure was far more then what he is selling it for. If you want to stay cheap then pick up a prefab and deal with the issues the come from having a prefab. I would say build your own, but you have made it clear that reading a tape measure is not an ability you have at this time.

that box is facing up. I hear that's bad. Facing the trunk is best.

I thought you were a pro? You should know what fits and waht doesn't

kushy_dreams
01-24-2012, 03:44 PM

******* you need to be slapped.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:45 PM

I would say I am knowledge able person. Sub and port placement depend on many different options. What you think you know or may have heard are normally just rumors/myths that locals spread around. With some quick searching on the forums and google you will find that out. However, trying to insult me gets no where. I am here helping you out.

Further more, fitment is an issue that is a per vehicle basis. No two cars are the same. Not even two of the same make/model/year.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Man, I need to find a builder and have that sub facing my trunk. Word around the street is that it echo's off the trunk and has the best bass. How do I find a builder in my area? What do I Google?

I'm having no luck fam.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Man, I need to find a builder and have that sub facing my trunk. Word around the street is that it echo's off the trunk and has the best bass. How do I find a builder in my area? What do I Google?

I'm having no luck fam.

Good luck sir. You will need it in the future. Have a good day.

I hope you are trolling if not..then I'm sorry for you.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Good luck sir. You will need it in the future. Have a good day.

I hope you are trolling if not..then I'm sorry for you.

I was trolling you when I was talking about being a pro. Now I'm being serious. I told you I'm bad with measurements. Your box looks dope. I doubt it will bump like my box, I mean, look how big my box is... but that doesn't fit in my trunk. :(

Yours is a good price. I'd buy if only I knew how to measure correctly. I'm one of those dudes who will measure my trunk and say "Hey this sub will fit" then you ship it out to me and it doesn't.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
What is the exact year/make/model and trim level of you car? i can look it up and let you know.

Size of the enclosure does not always mean it will be "louder". There is much more to designing enclosure then just make it big and put some wholes in it. I reply on several things when designing/building enclosures.

If you are curious as to my background please feel free to ask around and/or go to my web site DC Creations (http://www.dc-creations.com) and read there. I'm very confident in my designs and builds and that they will perform to the customers standards. I normally do not even suggest purchasing a used enclosure as it is typically not designed/built with your sub/car in mind. However, that enclosure was designed to work together with the SSA subs. Mainly the Icon/Xcon.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I feel you. At first I thought you were trying to make a quick buck off of me. But if you are just let me know. I am selling my vitamins to purchase your box. Feel sorry for me.

It's a Saturn Ion 2 Coupe. 2005. Has the suicide doors.

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
You can not fit that Atrend enclosure in your car? Your trunk is huge for the most part.

Also, the enclosure is not mine. I make no money by you purchasing that enclosure. I designed/built that enclosure. The customer is going a different direction now.

I'm guessing that it was to tall? The enclosure you currently have is 32.75" wide 18.5 high and 20.25" deep(with sub/port firing back to the back)

Pumper
01-24-2012, 04:21 PM
You can not fit that Atrend enclosure in your car? Your trunk is huge for the most part.

Also, the enclosure is not mine. I make no money by you purchasing that enclosure. I designed/built that enclosure. The customer is going a different direction now.

I'm guessing that it was to tall? The enclosure you currently have is 32.75" wide 18.5 high and 20.25" deep(with sub/port firing back to the back)

Yeah I think. There is enough room inside of my trunk, I just can't fit it in. I think if it was an inch or 2 shorter, it would go right in. Anyway to open up my trunk more?

Pumper
01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Whooo! Finally got my box in! I unscrewed the trunk piece that keeps it shut. took out the carpet, took out the spare ties and all that crap, and i finally pushed it in!

The box is upsidedown, but the sub is still facing the trunk on the driver side. I hope it being upside down doesn't ruin anything.

Thursday this bi tch is going to bestbuy and the guy is going to set my gains and wire it all for $20. ****, who has a badder system than me? I'ma shake the block!!!

jsluss17
01-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Whooo! Finally got my box in! I unscrewed the trunk piece that keeps it shut. took out the carpet, took out the spare ties and all that crap, and i finally pushed it in!

The box is upsidedown, but the sub is still facing the trunk on the driver side. I hope it being upside down doesn't ruin anything.

Thursday this bi tch is going to bestbuy and the guy is going to set my gains and wire it all for $20. ****, who has a badder system than me? I'ma shake the block!!!
ugh

Wattser93
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM

Most everybody on this forum. :fyi: :fyi: :fyi:

Pumper
01-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't believe it. My subs bump harder than you homie. Get your 12 apline type r subs out of here. I had that and then I bought these SSA.

****, and I have the right to talk crap. You know why? Cuz I'm a producer. I make beats for your system to bump.

NoLoud4U
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
That nice sub will be toast in a week. What amp are you using?

truckramrod
01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
nevermind. I posted to be helpful but this thread went to ****.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 11:25 PM
That nice sub will be toast in a week. What amp are you using?

Aq1200D

truckramrod

I'm looking forward to meeting with Best Buy :)

IonRL205
01-24-2012, 11:26 PM
I drive an Ion redline. I can tell you there is no possible way for you to get that box in your trunk unless you start cutting the rear end of your car apart. Pro rabbit built me a box for a single 15 using 34" wide, 17" tall, 17" depth. These are the max dimensions without using fractions that you'll be able to fit in there. I also had to remove my trunk latch to get it in.

Best bet is to sell the box you currently have and let pro rabbit to build you one. See if he has the old design that he used for mine. It was tuned at 31 hz and with my custom TC 15 i was doing great down to 26 hz. Shouldnt be too bad with your SSA sub.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I drive an Ion redline. I can tell you there is no possible way for you to get that box in your trunk unless you start cutting the rear end of your car apart. Pro rabbit built me a box for a single 15 using 34" wide, 17" tall, 17" depth. These are the max dimensions without using fractions that you'll be able to fit in there.

Best bet is to sell the box and have pro rabbit to build you one. See if he has the old design that he used for mine. It was tuned at 31 hz and with my custom TC 15 i was doing great down to 26 hz.

Did u not read what I said? I just told u I did. If you want I can send you a pic

IonRL205
01-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Did u not read what I said? I just told u I did. If you want I can send you a pic

Send me a pic of what? And told me what? I've only posted in this topic ONCE. How have you told me something before when I've only just now posted? I told you what your options are, and there really is no other way around it unless you cut your trunk apart.

kramer_212
01-24-2012, 11:36 PM
you want to be heard down the block???

gtfo.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Send me a pic of what? And told me what? I've only posted in this topic ONCE. How have you told me something before when I've only just now posted? I told you what your options are, and there really is no other way around it unless you cut your trunk apart.

Dogg, I didn't cut my trunk. To fit that box in I took out the piece that locks the trunk when you shut it, took out the carpet and everything under it (Spare tire and all that crap) then put it right in. Like I said, if you want, I'll take a pic of this box sitting in my Ion 2's trunk.

IonRL205
01-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Dogg, I didn't cut my trunk. To fit that box in I took out the piece that locks the trunk when you shut it, took out the carpet and everything under it (Spare tire and all that crap) then put it right in. Like I said, if you want, I'll take a pic of this box sitting in my Ion 2's trunk.

oh didn't really read all the posts. idk my opening is nowhere near big enough to fit a box that big through. It was hard enough getting the box I had in

And why the **** are you going to best buy for your ****?

Pumper
01-24-2012, 11:41 PM
oh didn't really read all the posts. idk my opening is nowhere near big enough to fit a box that big through. It was hard enough getting the box I had in

And why the **** are you going to best buy for your ****?

Because I don't know how to wire my subs, how to set the gains, phase checking, etc. They said they do it all for $20.

But I'm sure we have the same sized trunks. It's just a ***** to get it in. Took me 2 hours to figure it out and get it in.

IonRL205
01-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Because I don't know how to wire my subs, how to set the gains, phase checking, etc. They said they do it all for $20.

But I'm sure we have the same sized trunks. It's just a ***** to get it in. Took me 2 hours to figure it out and get it in.

All this info can easily be found from a 5 minute google search. And trust me, 95% of this forum has a better system than you. And for the record, a pair of Alpine type Rs properly ported on the same power would most definitely be louder than your single 15.

Pumper
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM
All this info can easily be found from a 5 minute google search. And trust me, 95% of this forum has a better system than you. And for the record, a pair of Alpine type Rs properly ported on the same power would most definitely be louder than your single 15.

Tried Google and failed. I need hands on teaching.

Nah I had Type R's 12's properly ported, boxed, u name it. They were whack! When I played them too high they stopped playing. And made some faint rattling noise. Whack!

pro-rabbit
01-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I think the majority of you miss the obvious troll here. Now, please lets keep trolling to the Dome. As per the rules this is tech not the dome thus trolling will cease. Regardless of what is posted we know what is fictional or not. Just let it go.

Well, at least in this thread it will.

Pumper
01-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Lol @ DC. Why would I lie? I'll post a pic tomorrow.

pro-rabbit
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Lol @ DC. Why would I lie? I'll post a pic tomorrow.

I am not saying you lied bout making it fit. I'm am speaking of the rest of the posting.

Please take that trolling to the Dome. This goes for others as well. A little trolling is fine, but this whole thread is full of trolling now.

Pumper
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
I am not saying you lied bout making it fit. I'm am speaking of the rest of the posting.

Please take that trolling to the Dome. This goes for others as well. A little trolling is fine, but this whole thread is full of trolling now.

About me going to Best Buy? About me googling stuff? Man you a trip.

Tie your shoe laces then come at me.

Wattser93
01-25-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't believe it. My subs bump harder than you homie. Get your 12 apline type r subs out of here. I had that and then I bought these SSA.

****, and I have the right to talk crap. You know why? Cuz I'm a producer. I make beats for your system to bump.

It was free. And in the proper box, it's better than a good 15" in a garbage prefab. :fyi:

There's more to a system than "bumping" and "beats". I put my system together for SQL. My sub already gets plenty loud enough for its intended purpose.

No more feeding the troll, I'm out.

RAM_Designs
01-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Reported OP.