PDA

View Full Version : pioneer tsa6974r 6x9 speakers

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
what do ya think about these speakers pioneer tsa6974r 6x9 speakers

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Theyre decent. But you can get better. Whats your budget?

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
well i wouldt wanna pay more than like 80 since im buyin about 2 or 3 pairs putting 4 on my back and 2 on my doors...so something that would sound clean and loud that can be heard outside my car when im coming down the street...and i got woofers on my trunk...

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 09:23 PM
If you want to be heard. Definitely look into getting an amp if you havent already.

and you mean $80 per set right?

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
yea ama get an amp i never run speakers without an amp...yea not all of em for 80 lol that be extra cheap with ****** speakers would even put em on my lowrider bike ha

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Well for $90 a set you can get the higher line Pioneer D series here---------->Pioneer TS-D6902R (TSD6902R) 6" x 9" 2-way D Coaxial Car Speakers (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11271_Pioneer-TS-D6902R.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle)

I can tell u that the Pioneer D series will definitely take some power too. I run about 4 times the rated power to my D series mids and they take it perfectly. Sound very good for the price too.

Also, for some great efficiency look at these Boston SE95's -------------->Boston Acoustics SE95 6" x 9" 2-way Car Speakers Car Speakers SE 95 in car auto audio stereo speakers pair dual component cheap on sale power best system system mobile door dash brand new nib matched pair set loudspeaker inch (http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=399018&c=1201Froogle&b=Boston+Acoustics_SE95)

I have a set of the 6.5" version of these in my room on about 40-50w each in a sealed enclosure and they get very loud and sound amazing for the price. Strong midbass too for 6.5s, so I imagine the 6x9s will do very well too.

Those are just some off the top of my head that I have experience with and should work nicely for your goal of getting loud and they will still sound good in the process.

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 10:28 PM
the pioneers hadndle the same rms as the one i said on here, they handle a bit more peak power tho...im guessing the material would make em sound cleaner tho, but do they sound louder than the ones i said? they are 2 way and the others are 3way....and the boston acoustics only handle 35 rms would they sound less loud than the pioneers i said or the ones you just told me? their range is less than the pioneers too.

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
the pioneers hadndle the same rms as the one i said on here, they handle a bit more peak power tho...im guessing the material would make em sound cleaner tho, but do they sound louder than the ones i said? they are 2 way and the others are 3way....and the boston acoustics only handle 35 rms would they sound less loud than the pioneers i said or the ones you just told me? their range is less than the pioneers too.

Dont concern yourself with the power ratings too much (especially not peak power). People run way more power than rated all the time. As far as all around loudness, theoretically, the A series 6x9 and the D series, given the same amount of power will be equally loud to the ear. The main difference will be the sound quality/clarity (I can personally attest to the fact that the sound difference is pretty noticeable from the A to D series Pioneers) . Also, personally, I prefer 2 way coaxials to 3 ways because that way your power is only split between 2 drivers as opposed to 3. That extra tweeter on that 3 way wont make it any louder. Dont worry about the range either I know for a fact those Bostons will play lower than the specs say; but, you'll probably want to have them high passed to keep the bass out of them anyway since you will have subs.

Long story short, power ratings dont mean one speaker will be louder than the other. Go for the speaker that will sound the best/ have the best clarity, and with a $80 budget those are great bang for the buck speakers.

You and the people who you want to hear you coming will be much more pleased to hear loud and clear sounds than just loud nonsense. I'm in a town full of horns and all types of BS in the grill and noone really respects it. People are annoyed by it. Get loud, but, make it sound good too bro.

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 10:59 PM
i know the third tweeter wont make it louder just play the higher frequencies but i thought 3 ways would play low midrange and high frequencies...so i should just get 2 way since i got subs? but wont the lows on the 6x9 level out the bass from the woofers like make it sound cleaner like would there be alot of difference in sound?

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 11:07 PM
That one tweeter in the 2 way will provide all the highs u need. The actual cone part is what will cover lower midrange/midbass not the extra tweeters. So a 2way still works. What you'll want to do is try diff xover points once u get it all installed. For example low pass your subs at 100hz and high pass your mids n highs at 100hz that way they pick up where the subs leave off and vice versa. You actually could even do this with 6.5s. But if u prefer 6x9s, do that.

Also if these will be in a rear deck, youll need to somehow block the air off your subs from passing through to the rear 6x9s and ruining them.

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 11:14 PM
so you recommend a 2 way speaker than right? i wont loose any sound clarity or sound from them over the 3 way right?....an yea i was thinking of building a box to place all the 6x9 like a finite baffle so the bass from the woofer wont hit the back of the 6x9 and distorting them a bit or damage them, but it wont kill any sound coming from the 6x9 since ive heard they are made to be in an infinite baffle such as a trunk? i believe that the box will help out the lower frequencies coming from the 6x9 also since they will be sealed out from the trunk and have a tighter cone such as a woofer....

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes Id do 2 ways. Also they are meant to work in infinite baffle like u said which is pretty much a oversized (leaky) sealed enclosure. You could still try the enclosure idea though just be sure to give em decent airspace and maybe stuff some polyfill in it to simulate a larger box.

Also, upfront I'd do a 6.5 component set as opposed to 6x9s that way u can mount ur tweeter up high and keep the sound from coming from down low.

89Eldorado
01-19-2012, 11:39 PM
so by putting them in an enclosure will i be killing sum sound and clarity out of them? but i will be helping them reduce dissortion from the sub...so its a loose loose isint it? well there really arent that low heres a pic
http://i43.tinypic.com/10qlxuc.jpg

Why So Cereal?
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Car looks clean as hell. I dont think it'll affect your clarity. The only thing it would possibly affect is how low they extend in the midbass region (like being able to play them down low into the sub bass region) , but being that they are rear speakers, and u have subs for your lows, it won't matter.

89Eldorado
01-20-2012, 12:10 AM
hey by the way sum dude just told me he can get me kickers DS693 for 35 dollars a pair what do you think of these speakers have you heard them?

Why So Cereal?
01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I have a set of DS 6.5s I use for testing amps n stuff. They're.....decent. Not the cleanest sounding but not horrible. They will take a good bit of power though ddespite the low rating. They're probably right on par with the A series pioneers