PDA

View Full Version : Newest DD components? Good? Decent? Bad?

Moofs
01-17-2012, 04:36 AM
I know DD had some pretty awesome components in the past. What are your thoughts on these? Any one hear them or know where I can read some reviews about them. So far I found nothing on this specific set.

Components (Sold as a Pair) (http://www.dd4life.com/Components-Sold-as-a-Pair_p_147.html)

disturbed471985
01-17-2012, 05:02 AM
I have no experience with the new line but I have owned 2 sets of the older DDC 6.5's which were of far better quality then the new line and IMO the old line was less than good. They might have been good if the cones did not all become separated from the baskets. Before anyone says well it must have been your fault both sets were replaced under warranty sooo that would seem to mean that the failures where not due to my neglect but due to manf defects. DD is not known to hand out free stuff..

matt_bennett05
01-17-2012, 05:19 AM
I have no experience with the new line but I have owned 2 sets of the older DDC 6.5's which were of far better quality then the new line and IMO the old line was less than good. They might have been good if the cones did not all become separated from the baskets. Before anyone says well it must have been your fault both sets were replaced under warranty sooo that would seem to mean that the failures where not due to my neglect but due to manf defects. DD is not known to hand out free stuff..

Sounds like someone might have an answer already...

TheUnderFighter
01-17-2012, 05:39 AM
I was very curious as well... cus they're rated for 160w a side... and very reasonably priced, and have piqued my interest. I need something that will last, and stay clean and clear at loud volumes.

Bobfig
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
massive audio ck6v

Go2Sleep
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Not sure about that model but I love my DD-aw6.5 German Components

Moofs
01-17-2012, 06:40 PM
massive audio ck6v
Too much for me. Though they have the VK line for like 100. Do you know how those r?

Not sure about that model but I love my DD-aw6.5 German Components
Yeah, the german set is apparently the rly awesome kind. at least thats what my searching told me.