PDA

View Full Version : Skar VVX-12 box design help

Jimmy79
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
I have 2 Skar vvx-12's on there way and I just bought a sheet of 3/4 mdf so now I need some help with box design. There website suggest 1.75 cuft per sub after displacement tuned to 36hz, 36hz seems a little high to me... I want a good combo of spl and sq. I will be using 4" aero for this project, I have 2 aero ports but im not sure I should use both or just 1.. I can go 48" wide max and 17" tall max and however deep I need to go. Any help would be much appreciated.

iamamp3pimp
01-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Ygpm

Jimmy79
01-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Ygpm

Thanks, about how much does it cost for one of your designs?

kr15
01-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Use both aeros. How much power do you have? Vehicle?

Jimmy79
01-17-2012, 02:42 AM
They will be powered by a Alpine PDX-1.1000 birth-sheet says 1189wrms@14.4v, Vehicle is a 2003 avalanche.

Jimmy79
01-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Ideally I would like the external dimensions to be around 42" x 16 x ?? maybe around 4cuft before sub disp

Moble Enclosurs
01-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Thanks, about how much does it cost for one of your designs?

technically, without a vendorship, no one is allowed to sale designs on this forum. If you want one done, please contact myself, pro rabbit, or ram designs. We support this forum for this particular purpose. we are also here for questions and answers as well if you need to know anything specific.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2012, 03:15 AM
1.7 after with the aero about 17 I think inches long should get you about 31 hz... Which is what mine was in and did awesome!

Jimmy79
01-17-2012, 03:34 AM
technically, without a vendorship, no one is allowed to sale designs on this forum. If you want one done, please contact myself, pro rabbit, or ram designs. We support this forum for this particular purpose. we are also here for questions and answers as well if you need to know anything specific.

Ok thanks, 1 of the members here already contacted me about doing 1 for free.

1.7 after with the aero about 17 I think inches long should get you about 31 hz... Which is what mine was in and did awesome!

Is that 17 total for 2 aero ports like 8 1/2 per port? How many watts were you feeding them?

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2012, 03:37 AM

Is that 17 total for 2 aero ports like 8 1/2 per port? How many watts were you feeding them?

I just had one... it was a 4" aero and it was either 17 or 18ish long...

disturbed471985
01-17-2012, 03:57 AM

Wooooo when did this change take effect?? Thats like saying u have to be a vendor to sale in the FS section?? Not that I care but this is the first time I have ever heard that you cant sell a design on here unless you are a vendor.....

Moble Enclosurs
01-17-2012, 06:57 AM

Sweet! You are welcome, and good luck on that! :D

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Sweet! You are welcome, and good luck on that! :D

:blush:

CAT MAN
01-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Wooooo when did this change take effect?? Thats like saying u have to be a vendor to sale in the FS section?? Not that I care but this is the first time I have ever heard that you cant sell a design on here unless you are a vendor.....

yeah the popo got onto alot of us. so now i have to pay 33$ a month to make 5$ off of it. its stupid if you ask me. unless you're pulling in gobs of money from it

Moble Enclosurs
01-17-2012, 07:12 AM

You have to actually own the items you are selling. You do not own the designs, you create them upon request. That is the difference. Do you build your amplifiers from scratch, or from your own work? No. You buy them from the manufacturer and officially sell them when you feel like it. Designs are different because I am the manufacturer of them, I do not resale them. Make sense? In other words, I do not let anyone else (yes, even programs) come up with any of the responses I use. Therefore, I put work and effort into them (more so than most at that) to give the customers what they want-customized.
I put in 20 a month for supporting the forum and in return get the ability to promote myself in a professional manner. I do not complain about this, because they are the rules.

iamamp3pimp
01-17-2012, 09:25 AM
You have to actually own the items you are selling. You do not own the designs, you create them upon request. That is the difference. Do you build your amplifiers from scratch, or from your own work? No. You buy them from the manufacturer and officially sell them when you feel like it. Designs are different because I am the manufacturer of them, I do not resale them. Make sense? In other words, I do not let anyone else (yes, even programs) come up with any of the responses I use. Therefore, I put work and effort into them (more so than most at that) to give the customers what they want-customized.
I put in 20 a month for supporting the forum and in return get the ability to promote myself in a professional manner. I do not complain about this, because they are the rules.

You know what man, Youre right. You guys pay to do what you do here, and I respect that, so I will do the same.

Take it easy and to the OP - Good luck with the build.

Moble Enclosurs
01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
You know what man, Youre right. You guys pay to do what you do here, and I respect that, so I will do the same.

Take it easy and to the OP - Good luck with the build.

Thank you for your kind words and support. The good thing is, if you want to become a vendor, anyone is allowed as long as the fee is payed. So, I wish you great luck in the future if you are to get into the design selling! You're respect has been well noted and for that, I will always have respect for you also! Have a wonderful day!

iamamp3pimp
01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
You do the same Jason.

Good luck to you as well.

Jimmy79
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I just had one... it was a 4" aero and it was either 17 or 18ish long...

That box must have been pretty deep, Is there a rule on how close a port can be to the back of the box like a 4" port must be atleast 4" from the back of the box?

cyn
01-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Jimmy, I have a skar 12" dual 2ohm... setting at 4ohm on a memphis PR1000.1 ... roughly 350watts going to it. box is 1.7 cubes tuned to 33hz... Skars love the lows big time... and they are under rated at 600watts... they can take more than that on a daily. I do plan on going with a bigger box and lower tuning around 2cubes to around 28 or 26 hz L-Kerf port at 3.5" wide.. Just as a owner of a skar and having it tuned at 33hz in a trunk i want it tuned lower... just my lil opinion on this and how i'm running mine.

Moble Enclosurs
01-18-2012, 01:41 AM
That box must have been pretty deep, Is there a rule on how close a port can be to the back of the box like a 4" port must be atleast 4" from the back of the box?

great question. There is not a specific rule because of ports that can be tapered and such, but for a constant port area, yes, it is good to have it at least the diameter away from any wall for proper loading.