PDA

View Full Version : FI SSD 18 help!!!!

FISSD18
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM
I know this is prob in the wrong thread but i need help asap!!!! K so I just got my new ssd 18 and I was gonna run 8 gauge from sub to amp, And my dumb*** drilled out the terminals but messed them up and they are stuck now. I need to order new ones or if anyone on here has terminals then ill buy them. Help me out here please!

Casey

Kangaroux
01-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Drilled out which terminals? Pics?

joshy629
01-16-2012, 12:46 AM
on the sub? wtf cut off some wire...

slim2fattycake
01-16-2012, 12:58 AM
why are you running 8 gauge?

FISSD18
01-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Terminals on the sub, and I really do not no why I was gonna run 8 gauge. One of my buddies did it on his bl. I think if I use 12 gauge speaker wire it will work. But one terminal cracked at the top, is that gonna hurt anything? Still makes good connection with wire. And can't get pics now I'm not around the sub

Fi_
01-16-2012, 03:07 AM
Terminals on the sub, and I really do not no why I was gonna run 8 gauge. One of my buddies did it on his bl. I think if I use 12 gauge speaker wire it will work. But one terminal cracked at the top, is that gonna hurt anything? Still makes good connection with wire. And can't get pics now I'm not around the sub

You could have ran 10ga and been more then adequate don't know if it will be a problem but that wasn't too bright o.O

snyderd758
01-16-2012, 11:30 PM
email fi and see if they can get you new terminals.If you want it done right they can probably also replace them. I seriously thought about doing the same thing to my ssd's im really glad i didnt.

FISSD18
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
im glad you didn't to! haha I thought it sounded good at first but now i paid. I was going to see if i could send the sub back and replace them but i don't have $40 to ship it and don't really wanna wait another 20 days for them to get it done :l

Kangaroux
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Talk to SPLaudio he can send you some new terminals

FISSD18
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
sweet! thanks for the help

ItsAJeepThing
01-17-2012, 03:23 PM
weren't there some terminals for sale on here a little bit ago?

ahole-ic
01-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I really want to see this. Hilarious fail btw. I would just unsolder the tinsel lead and go direct, but since you failed with terminals, don't trust yourself with a soldering iron. The lesson you should learn is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. You could have got a reducer or trimmed the 8 gauge down so it would fit nicely. You had a myriad of options other than the one you chose. I'm not trying to be a dik, I just think everyone needs someone to shoot straight with them instead of worrying about hurting their feelings. We're men, you can take it I'm sure.

FISSD18
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
ECrack I really do enjoy you telling me how it is. Haha alls I like is to listen to the bass. I usually have others hook it up. But I decided to take the challange on of doing this setup by myself. Yea I learned a lot from this build and I did some stupid sh*t. But hey you gotta learn some how. You and I would get along good cuz I also love telling people how it is :D haha but anyways, I ended up fixing the problem and I'm beginning the "break in" process now.

Buck
01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
eCrack can be harsh. I agree with him though, go direct leads. You supposedly lose some amount of power with push terminals.