PDA

View Full Version : Sound only coming out of tweeters and possibly a blown tweeter

lolingirunarlol
01-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Just payed a guy to install my new system and he also build a box for my woofers.
I get my car back, and my speakers are really silent and some songs even play differently.
My right speakers then start to sound like they are blown out when I raised the volume.
But soon I realized that my speakers were not playing music, just the tweeters. I called the guy and he's gonna check this out soon, but he said that the sound is supposed to come out of the tweeters and a bass out of the speakers. I thought the high freq should come out of the tweeters.
And I got the tweeter sounding like it was blown out, but I was going to check on a store that specifies in car audio and see what they were going to say.
I just can't belive that my expensive speakers that have tweeters, crossovers and a amplifier sound like my ****** computer speakers.
These are my speakers:
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7173-cxs62-v2-image-dynamics-65-2-ohm-component-system.aspx

Why So Cereal?
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
The vocals/midrange and midbass should come from the 6.5 driver and high frequencies from the tweeter. If you're not hearing those 6.5s, something is wrong. What kind of HU are you running? also what amp?

lolingirunarlol
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I knew it.
WoofersEtc.com - DEH-P8300UB - Pioneer CD/MP3 Car Stereo with PandoraLink, iPod Controls w/ USB (http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9676-deh-p8300ub-pioneer-cdmp3-car-stereo-with-pandoralink-ipod-controls-w-usb.aspx)
and
https://www.woofersetc.com/p-6856-fd-2200-arc-audio-2-channel-370-watt-amplifier.aspx

legendndisguise
01-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a bad installation. I would be careful when playing or running the system so you don't damager or blow any of the speakers before you can get it fixed or checked out.

lolingirunarlol
01-15-2012, 02:23 PM
So, how do I know if my right tweeter is blown out?
In some songs they have no problem working, but in some songs it just sounds bad and makes a annoying noise.

Why So Cereal?
01-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I'd say just be very careful with it and have someone check it out ASAP. Sounds like he did some sorry wiring.

kramer_212
01-15-2012, 03:15 PM
sounds like the guy shouldn't be installing anything.. tweeters do not play voice (not in the way most think) almost all of your vocals and midbass freq should come from your midbass driver.

"bass": or what people commonly think as bass should come mostly through a sub-woofer.

double 07
01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Sounds like the 6.5" didn't get wired up some where.....You would have thought that before this car left his shop he would have played a song or two....I NEVER let one leave without a test and tune.........GEE WIZZ!!!!! Good Luck

audiobaun
01-15-2012, 05:06 PM
I recommend leaving the stereo shut down completely until its looked at.Use your Ipod and headphones for music until you get it checked out.Sounds like a rushed/slapp it in install,Wires loose, and prob not even on the right pole of the x-overs even,cross-over cut-out on the amp not even set properly/gains.Slamm it in install/give me your money/see ya deal rt there.Dont play your radio anymore..you have a nice set up, so dont take a chance on ruining your speakers just because you want to listen to music.Use your Ipod or?till you get it fixed.Sorry to hear about this.Why I do my own, and have for a long time due to this type of service/so called service

Pborcich
01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
So, how do I know if my right tweeter is blown out?
In some songs they have no problem working, but in some songs it just sounds bad and makes a annoying noise.
Sounds to me like he may have crossed the tweeters wrong?
Maybe plugged tweeter into midrange spot on crossover?

lolingirunarlol
01-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Sounds like the 6.5" didn't get wired up some where.....You would have thought that before this car left his shop he would have played a song or two....I NEVER let one leave without a test and tune.........GEE WIZZ!!!!! Good Luck
Yes, I know - a stupid move!
But I know he's not ******* with me, he's offering to take a second look..
Thanks!

Sounds to me like he may have crossed the tweeters wrong?
Maybe plugged tweeter into midrange spot on crossover?
You think so? I sure hope you're right.
When I play this song:
Tyler The Creator - Yonkers - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw)
The tweeter sounds like it's blown out, and only the right tweeter.
But when I play this song:
Nero - Crush On You - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=124VzSLy7d0)
Nothing happens, it plays it good. Considering only the tweeters are working. And I didn't know that when I was playing it.
Kinda weird?

i2ain2thunder
01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
tweeters that get midrange frequencies or any bass frequencies is a bad thing easy to blow them they are only meant to handle highs....thus we are advising to not use the system unless you have double checked the wiring. something is wrong with the wiring for sure unless a speaker/tweeter is already blown. It is also possible he wired the tweets or mids to the input channel on the xovers this would explain the very low volume, in that situation signal still goes through the xover but not in the way it is meant to and the result is you still hear the music but extremely quiet and distorted.

lolingirunarlol
01-15-2012, 09:16 PM
But the noise in the right tweeter has been there since I first got the car - it can't be blown can it? It was new.

i2ain2thunder
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
But the noise in the right tweeter has been there since I first got the car - it can't be blown can it? It was new.

I'm sorry but the wording you used in your original post is making it hard for me to understand your issues completely....let me clarify:

Just payed a guy to install my new system and he also build a box for my woofers.
I get my car back, and my speakers are really silent and some songs even play differently.
My right speakers then start to sound like they are blown out when I raised the volume.
But soon I realized that my speakers were not playing music, just the tweeters. I called the guy and he's gonna check this out soon, but he said that the sound is supposed to come out of the tweeters and a bass out of the speakers. I thought the high freq should come out of the tweeters.
And I got the tweeter sounding like it was blown out, but I was going to check on a store that specifies in car audio and see what they were going to say.
I just can't belive that my expensive speakers that have tweeters, crossovers and a amplifier sound like my ****** computer speakers.
These are my speakers:
WoofersEtc.com - CXS62 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Ohm Component System (http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7173-cxs62-v2-image-dynamics-65-2-ohm-component-system.aspx)

^^ what are your speakers? both the woofers and the tweeters, or one or the other? Then you say your right speakers, again are you meaning both the woofer and the tweeter or one or the other? What do you mean you got the tweeter sounding like it is blown out, did you do something and then it sounded like that or always did. Please specify, but it sounds to me like your woofers aren't producing any sound and your tweeters are, but they sound like they are blown and have a harsh noise to them. Please let me know if my assumption is correct or not. then I can further assist you.

Nut Hair Trick
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I think he got his tweet and mid outputs switched on the xover. This would explain why it's quiet.

lolingirunarlol
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry but the wording you used in your original post is making it hard for me to understand your issues completely....let me clarify:

^^ what are your speakers? both the woofers and the tweeters, or one or the other? Then you say your right speakers, again are you meaning both the woofer and the tweeter or one or the other? What do you mean you got the tweeter sounding like it is blown out, did you do something and then it sounded like that or always did. Please specify, but it sounds to me like your woofers aren't producing any sound and your tweeters are, but they sound like they are blown and have a harsh noise to them. Please let me know if my assumption is correct or not. then I can further assist you.
I payed a guy to put this in my car.
I picked up the car and listened to the system. It sounded weird, and I left knowing that. Then I realized that only the tweeters were producing my vocals. And the woofer itself only the midbass.
When I picked up my car the right tweeter, which I thought was my woofer(the speaker itself) had this sound like it was blown. Only in some songs, but in others it didn't sound blown like I previously said.
I am wondering why the tweeter, and only the right tweeter sounded like it was blown. It must be the wiring right? Because it's brand new. That's what i'm worried about.

lolingirunarlol
01-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Waiting for your reply i2ain2thunder.