PDA

View Full Version : sub box for a SSA Dcon 12'' D4

iDefiant
01-09-2012, 11:43 PM
a SSA Dcon 12'' D4 sub with a AQ750 amp.

which type of box and at what dimensions should the sub box be in order to get the best sound quality, but still being decently loud for rock/electronic/dance/hip-hop music (booming bass)

DoesDad
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Get with one of the box guys on here. pro-rabbit and ram are a couple that come to mind....

winkychevelle
01-09-2012, 11:54 PM
go to ssaudio.com and look up their design for the sub. they have a diagram and photos of the box but the basic design is 2 cubes ported to 30hz if u port a little higher the tighter punchy higher frequency bass of rock will be louder but you give up the low booming bass of hip-hop, rap. i personally recommend a 32hz tune as it is a nice middle ground tune

iDefiant
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
go to ssaudio.com and look up their design for the sub. they have a diagram and photos of the box but the basic design is 2 cubes ported to 30hz if u port a little higher the tighter punchy higher frequency bass of rock will be louder but you give up the low booming bass of hip-hop, rap. i personally recommend a 32hz tune as it is a nice middle ground tune

what about electronic/dance music?

kushy_dreams
01-10-2012, 01:08 AM
33hz is a good tune for daily listening. I'm tuned at 32.7hz if you want to be specific, I have strong low end extension down to 29-30hz then it starts to slowly roll off. I listen to everything but country and it all sounds good as **** to me :)