PDA

View Full Version : Pair of DD2515s , Face one forward one backward?

TP_DDeez
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Would they sound the same if i had one facing the front , and one toward the trunk? I've always thought of doing this but not sure if its a good idea. Currently putting the box together but havent cut the holes for subs yet this is why im asking. Its a L Ported 3/4" Birch Box about 6 cubes tuned to 31 Hz. Going in a Chevy Cavalier z24.

Any thoughts on this? Anything is helpful. Thanks

DoesDad
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
As opposed to what? Both facing forward or both facing the trunk or both facing up? The short answer is no. It won't sound the same. I don't think I'd do that....

Fi_
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
As opposed to what? Both facing forward or both facing the trunk or both facing up? The short answer is no. It won't sound the same. I don't think I'd do that....

Probably would actually sound worse and have some major canceling, that's what I think anyways.

Kangaroux
01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Probably would actually sound worse and have some major canceling, that's what I think anyways.

Only if you didn't reverse the wiring for one of the subs

Fi_
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Only if you didn't reverse the wiring for one of the subs

I just don't see this being any different then the subwoofers aimed the same way and yeah you could reverse wiring. Thanks for reminding me lol

pro-rabbit
01-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Would they sound the same if i had one facing the front , and one toward the trunk? I've always thought of doing this but not sure if its a good idea. Currently putting the box together but havent cut the holes for subs yet this is why im asking. Its a L Ported 3/4" Birch Box about 6 cubes tuned to 31 Hz. Going in a Chevy Cavalier z24.

Any thoughts on this? Anything is helpful. Thanks

You are using a 6ft3 enclosure for 2 15" DDs? It will do well, but they like large enclosures to really get the most out of them.