PDA

View Full Version : Did I buy crappy speakers?

GaryWA
01-08-2012, 01:45 AM
I bought Boston Acoustics SC65's and SC95's, then I joined this website.

Now I'm thinking that wasn't the smartest idea. I'm not running an amp, going off just the head unit. Were there better ones at that price level, or am I okay? The reviews were okay, but I just don't know.

Thanks guys.

itsblown
01-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Dont expect to find much re assurance here. but you could of went out and bought alot worse, dont take any of these guys opinions listen to them if you like them then good. but my opinion is boston acoustic is a decent sounding brand atleast I think and for 60 dollar coaxials there not bad

mylows10
01-08-2012, 01:47 AM
anything boston is ok

FlexnInLa
01-08-2012, 01:51 AM
If you like the way they sound you bought awesome speakers!

mylows10
01-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Dont expect to find much re assurance here. but you could of went out and bought alot worse, dont take any of these guys opinions listen to them if you like them then good. but my opinion is boston acoustic is a decent sounding brand atleast I think and for 60 dollar coaxials there not bad
if this the way you fell, then why are you here.gtfo then

GaryWA
01-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Thing is, I got it on fleabay, so I can still return them and get something else if it's worth it.

aztec
01-08-2012, 02:49 AM
boston coaxial speakers are ok, any decent coaxial speakers or ok, i would of gone with infinity but you should run a amp of those boston and dynamat xtreme your doors. But you should dynamat xtreme your doors, it will sound alot better....

i2ain2thunder
01-08-2012, 02:50 AM
I think they will be worth a shot for you. Boston makes good speakers usually decent value wise as well. Definitely get an amp some time for them though. If you don't like them you can always sell them on here.

JoshC
01-08-2012, 03:25 AM
ide say ure fine, my dad ran boston coxials off a boston 50x4 in his bronco and it was very clear and crisp.

Also dont buy dynomat, it cost to much. Buy audio Technix or if u got a bill go with second skin pro. Although i just did my doors, audiotechnix gets you 25sq ft of deadner for lik 60 and my truck sounds ALOT better.

You can get a good 50x4 for like 100-120bucks new, 75-90shipped used on here. Ide put one on the doors and they will sound great

Bettr n' Revrse
01-08-2012, 03:33 AM
boston coaxial speakers are ok, any decent coaxial speakers or ok, i would of gone with infinity but you should run a amp of those boston and dynamat xtreme your doors. But you should dynamat xtreme your doors, it will sound alot better....

Shhhh

GaryWA
01-08-2012, 03:59 AM
I guess I'll just use them and see how they sound, should be better than factory at least.

I got the Dynamat door kit, and it looks like I'll have some leftover. Any suggestions to where I should put them? There probably won't be much, but every little piece is worth something when Dynamat is concerned.

aztec
01-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Did you buy Dynamat extreme or regular? And did you buy it online? You can get the xtreme bulk pack for 110-120, but you should not have any leftover since you got the door kit, the more the better....

GaryWA
01-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I got the door kit from fleabay.

I didn't think I needed more, but when I started reading, it was too late to cancel the door kit and order just a bulk pack :(

sam_b03
01-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Different brands have different sound characteristics. Infinity tends to be pretty strong on the treble (bright). Some people like it some don't. Boston makes decent stuff for the money. It can take some time for the speakers to breakin so if they are a little weak on the bass or harsh on high notes give them some time. It might settle in after several hours of play.

GaryWA
01-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I don't think with my unamped system it's going to make much a difference anyways. :(

Saved like $100 than if I bought from Crutchfield though.