PDA

View Full Version : Box for AQ SDC2.5 15" in Truck.

Fi_
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Building a box for my brothers Dodge Ram 08' he currently has a 37hz tuned box at around 4ft^3+ not really sure since I didnt design it. It really doesn't hit hard at all it's subwoofer firing forward and port firing forward, also laid the box down and had both firing upwards made almost no difference.

So what box does this thing want in a truck? Side firing? Woofer up and port forward? How many ft^3 does it need and I read that they like 33hz tuning so I'm aiming for that. I was thinking 3.5ft^3 @ 33hz forward firing with the subwoofer upwards. My brother wants people to still be able to sit in the back though so side firing might not be an option.

Any suggestions?

Kangaroux
01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
What was wrong with the design I made you?

Fi_
01-05-2012, 04:08 PM
What was wrong with the design I made you?

It's side firing and I don't believe he wants to side fire :-/ I tried to talk him into it but he wants room for someone in the back and I don't know how well it will do sidefiring with someone next to the box haha. If that's the BEST bet for it getting loud though I'll stick with it. Regaurdless I want some thought son what might be the best size/tuning and firing direction for this subwoofer in a truck. and I didn't feel like having you do me a new design I felt bad :(

Also we're not doing 45's just wooden dowels for cross bracing and a double baffles I think hes buying one of my 18's so he doesn't want to go too in-depth with this box.

05fronty
01-05-2012, 04:10 PM
box way too small, probably double that and port up and subs up

Kangaroux
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
box way too small, probably double that and port up and subs up

3.5 cubes is small for a 15? Mike go back to skyrim

05fronty
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
3.5 cubes is small for a 15? Mike go back to skyrim

my bad i thought he had a pair lol, back to killing dragons

Fi_
01-05-2012, 04:22 PM
my bad i thought he had a pair lol, back to killing dragons

LOL too funny anyways so 3.5 is the magic number? the subwoofer seems to like lows in this truck so I think 32-33 would be my best bet.

Fi_
01-06-2012, 08:17 AM
bump

dbeez
01-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Sub up port side 3.5 cubes tuned 32 with eight at 60^2 inches of port will do the trick whatvamp is he using also in a truck my best sounding and loudest design was a wide not very tall box and not very deep it it just loads much better and allows out put to do very well.

Fi_
01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Sub up port side 3.5 cubes tuned 32 with eight at 60^2 inches of port will do the trick whatvamp is he using also in a truck my best sounding and loudest design was a wide not very tall box and not very deep it it just loads much better and allows out put to do very well.

Could you repeat that in english?...

Nevermind I got it took me about 5 minutes to figure out what you typed hideous grammar :-p Anyways I dont see width and depth of box making a big difference just need to know what size,tuning and direction to fire other than that I can handle the rest lol

dbeez
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Nope best of luck

Fi_
01-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Nope best of luck

Glad everyone here is a 3rd grade average english student. :-/

dbeez
01-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Glad to see your understanding of box design and how the shape and overall design effects its ouput is none.

Fi_
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Glad to see your understanding of box design and how the shape and overall design effects its ouput is none.

I'd rather have common knowledge that you require for day to day life than to know a design method that might change output by 1%. anyways I think i've got enough information I can start my box now.

pro-rabbit
01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I'd rather have common knowledge that you require for day to day life than to know a design method that might change output by 1%. anyways I think i've got enough information I can start my box now.

Actually enclosure design overall will drastically change/alter performance of the sub stage. As simple as moving the sub side to side on the mounting surface will alter performance by more then 1%.

Being sarcastic to some one that took their to help you is not how things are done around here. Perhaps looking into things as they are will fix this issue for you.

If you design as you suggest you do, then I would suggest you try and do more research on your own about that subject. Unless your analogy is grossly exaggerated at a poor attempt to be witty with incorrect information.

Fi_
01-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Actually enclosure design overall will drastically change/alter performance of the sub stage. As simple as moving the sub side to side on the mounting surface will alter performance by more then 1%.

Being sarcastic to some one that took their to help you is not how things are done around here. Perhaps looking into things as they are will fix this issue for you.

If you design as you suggest you do, then I would suggest you try and do more research on your own about that subject. Unless your analogy is grossly exaggerated at a poor attempt to be witty with incorrect information.

Every box I have designed has came out fantastic and I never said I was good at math lol you really need to learn to read. I said if something makes sense and is physically possible I believe it, physics aren't hard and I don't really consider them math mostly common sense. I think you guys are over thinking the whole move the subwoofers thing, because that's never changed a **** thing for me in any build not noticeably anyways. But you can believe what you want.