PDA

View Full Version : David Martin, aka Raven, Rumpleforeskin, ( . ) v ( . ) and DaveVT DO NOT DEAL WITH!

redlinese-r
01-03-2012, 10:10 PM
SUBWOOFER IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE!!!---->LINK (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/532095-free-old-school-kicker-solobaric-s10c-single-8ohm-subwoofer-free-not-joke.html)

David Martin of St. Albans, VT. I was the seller/trader. Traded my solobarics for his radar, even took another video with the guy's username showing that the subs worked even though there was a video showing they were working in my ad (still have that video too). Should have known this guy was a tool to begin with.

Long story short, he said that he received a subwoofer not working (probably blew it as he was asking about pushing them with a 1500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp...and yes I still have those text messages asking me how i felt about that amp option), asked that i file a claim with fedex, and i did. Then the douche wanted his radar back, I said no problem and sent it back on MY DIME. Fedex denied claim stating that the packing was insufficient for the weight of the subwoofers/enclosure, FUNNY because my shipper did not pack the items with what David gave the Fedex inspector, and FUNNY how he said he threw the packaging away, yet can come up with some of it at a later point? Now this douche will not send me my subwoofers back stating that 1) the sub that he took to examine was "50" miles away and 2) he's already lost $75 (which was a shipping charge) for the subwoofers shipped to him. He wants ME to pay for the shipping cost back to me. **** that.

Everything i've done for him was in good faith and this is the **** that i get. DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! I sit here empty handed....and frustrated.

if you want details of the whole deal...ive got details...just TOO much to type here...i started typing it earlier and it would have covered a couple pages....

ace_800
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
First you shouldn't have sent the radar back yet, until you worked out him shipping the subs back. Like to hear his side if anything. Not really much you can do if he won't ship them back except call him out.

06goat
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Prolly the same guy that screwed Kangaroux, different Alias.

Kangaroux
01-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Prolly the same guy that screwed Kangaroux, different Alias.

Which would add up since this guy was defending rideit the whole time

CAT MAN
01-05-2012, 09:32 AM
actually there is a thread about this that he started. maybe you guys an add that into the mix. i will try to find it

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Heres the deal, one sub came with odd impedance readings. I tested them both before I ever put power to them. One was around 7.6 ohms and the other was something like 26 ohms. I put power to it, and played it very low for a minute and it seemed to straighten out but after asking a member on here I was told it was going to die VERY soon and that the coil wire under the dustcap was going to break as thats what was causing the readings to fluctuate. It lasted a couple days before it was dead. The subs were powered with a Rockford 501X which is 500rms@4 ohms but says 1500 max on top which any of you know it will not put out.

Anyway, had a local guy look at the sub who eventually found the issue was that the coil wire had broke at the bottom and was not anything he could get to without removing the cone/coil assembly which means it would need a recone. Credence no longer has anymore soft parts for this woofer so basically nothing can be done. I informed the seller of EVERYTHING.

NOW! I offered him a radar detector which still sells used for more than these subs were worth AND I paid $75 for shipping which was overpay. He used every penny of it on shipping because he paid the place to pack the subs. Not my problem but he whined about having no money left after. The box was wrapped in trash bags, had plywood over the subs, small cardboard corner braces and the box was 2 smaller ones on each end with the flaps taped together in the middle.

When fedex came to inspect they took the box and returned it roughly a week later or something. He says they denied it but that makes no sense because they never even opened it to inspect. The tape I used is still whats sealing the box.

Anyway, I told him I got the radar back but im out 75 bucks so we need to settle that up. I told him it would be fair if we both lost the same amount of money on this deal so neither of us is getting screwed. I said to send me 50 for the shipping and 12.50 which would mean he would be out 62.50 and since I paid out 75 and hes sending 12.50 that would put my loss at 62.50 as well and he would have the box and working sub to sell off.

He told me I was "out of my ******* mind" and I didnt receive another email.

So I think I was being pretty fair on this. Here is what I sent in my last email to him.

Look, fedex is full of ****. I used the same stuff your shipper did. Bubble wrap, plastic trash bag, plywood and cardboard braces. Fedex didnt even open the **** box for inspection. Its still sealed with MY TAPE!. They denied the claim because their insurance is a ******* joke. Like I said im not paying to ship these back AND losing the other 75 bucks......thats bullshit.
You want em back?. You pay the shipping and split the difference. then we are both out the same amount. Fair enough?. Otherwise im not doing ****.

Say actual shipping is 50 bucks. That leaves a difference on 25.00. So you send me 50+12.50=62.50. So your out 62.50 total. I sent you 75 and im getting 12.50 back so im out 62.50 as well. This is the most im gonna lose, period.

so yeah, this little post by him is complete and total bullshit

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
lets bump this up

QuietEclipse29
01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't have played the bad woofer, should have worked the deal out with the trader before hand since you KNEW it was going to blow! Since you played it for a couple of days i would have kept the radar. NOT taking sides on this, just think you should have worked a deal before playing it and asking for radar back.

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't have played the bad woofer, should have worked the deal out with the trader before hand since you KNEW it was going to blow! Since you played it for a couple of days i would have kept the radar. NOT taking sides on this, just think you should have worked a deal before playing it and asking for radar back.

Well, to be honest in the beginning I had hoped the guy was wrong about the wire breaking soon. I know the seller is feeling like hes getting the raw end of the deal here but why should I be the only one to lose money?. He is expecting me to lose the 75 plus an additional 50 to ship them back. All im asking is for us to have an equal loss here. Im not trying to screw him over. If he is willing to send 62.50 so we both are out the same amount ill ship the stuff back to him.

JoshC
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
exactly why i hate buying used speakers, and most electronics honestly. Amps dont bother me as much

wenn_du_weinst
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, to be honest in the beginning I had hoped the guy was wrong about the wire breaking soon. I know the seller is feeling like hes getting the raw end of the deal here but why should I be the only one to lose money?. He is expecting me to lose the 75 plus an additional 50 to ship them back. All im asking is for us to have an equal loss here. Im not trying to screw him over. If he is willing to send 62.50 so we both are out the same amount ill ship the stuff back to him.
Because you sold the equipment, if it was me in your position I would take full responsibility just to save face.

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Because you sold the equipment, if it was me in your position I would take full responsibility just to save face.

I sold what equipment?. I was the one trading FOR the subs NOT the one trading them.

wenn_du_weinst
01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
well then I read it wrong

redlinese-r
01-05-2012, 07:14 PM
oh so you're now DaveVT?

anyways...look here..like i've said to you before...i have done everything for you in good faith and you screw me like this? I could have said **** it and you can deal with the subs, but i didnt. Took off work early to ship you out the subs that week (was going to ship it that saturday) because you said you were moving, yet a month later im sending the radar back to the same address? I took your side on the issue that the subs were probably damaged by fedex and helped you by assisting in the claim process. BS now. You wanted your radar back and demanded that you get it by that weekend. I was extremely hesitant because i did not know what fedex was going to do with the claim, but i took a leap of faith with shipping you back your radar....apparently I didn't make it across. I was going to ship that saturday, but PO was closed, so I took off work early again Monday to ship you your **** radar. Do you really feel like you got the short end of the stick? Can you please tell me what you physically have and what I physically have? If you dont know, you have both the radar, subwoofer(s)/enclsoure. Me? Hmm...let me look...OH...NOTHING! Again, i could have said **** it and you deal with it, but I didnt because I am not that type of person. I really dont give a **** anymore...when someone is morally fucked up what can you do? In fact if anyone other than Dave Martin of St Albans, VT wants the other solobaric sub and enclosure they can have it, no strings, just pick it up from him, just let me know it's with a better person. Not going to deal with this fool anymore. If you aint got the money to pay, then dont play. And if you dont get it by now, i am not paying for my stuff back because it is the principle of the matter.

Oh...since someone else will hopefully pick up (and yes, you can keep) what should be rightfully here in my possession...you owe me $8.60 for the return of your radar. Thank-you.

whitedragon551
01-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Moved the thread to the Negative Feedback as well as changed the title to reflect his new username change.

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 07:30 PM
oh so you're now DaveVT?

anyways...look here..like i've said to you before...i have done everything for you in good faith and you screw me like this? I could have said **** it and you can deal with the subs, but i didnt. Took off work early to ship you out the subs that week (was going to ship it that saturday) because you said you were moving, yet a month later im sending the radar back to the same address? I took your side on the issue that the subs were probably damaged by fedex and helped you by assisting in the claim process. BS now. You wanted your radar back and demanded that you get it by that weekend. I was extremely hesitant because i did not know what fedex was going to do with the claim, but i took a leap of faith with shipping you back your radar....apparently I didn't make it across. I was going to ship that saturday, but PO was closed, so I took off work early again Monday to ship you your **** radar. Do you really feel like you got the short end of the stick? Can you please tell me what you physically have and what I physically have? If you dont know, you have both the radar, subwoofer(s)/enclsoure. Me? Hmm...let me look...OH...NOTHING! Again, i could have said **** it and you deal with it, but I didnt because I am not that type of person. I really dont give a **** anymore...when someone is morally fucked up what can you do? In fact if anyone other than Dave Martin of St Albans, VT wants the other solobaric sub and enclosure they can have it, no strings, just pick it up from him, just let me know it's with a better person. Not going to deal with this fool anymore. If you aint got the money to pay, then dont play. And if you dont get it by now, i am not paying for my stuff back because it is the principle of the matter.

Oh...since someone else will hopefully pick up (and yes, you can keep) what should be rightfully here in my possession...you owe me $8.60 for the return of your radar. Thank-you.

Im being more than reasonable your obviously just too much of a fool to realize it. As for the return of the radar take it out of the 62.50. Send me the cost of shipping and $3.90 extra. That puts us both out $62.50 and you get your **** back. Im going to ask you one more time before im done and you can just go **** yourself.

WHY SHOULD I BE THE ONLY ONE LOSING MONEY?

I paid the shipping to get the ******* subs here and then some. YOUR PAYING FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING!!! PERIOD!!!

oh and yeah I changed my name. Pretty much sums it up, Im Dave and im from VT.

Also stop bringing up how much you bent over backwards for me so you can try to get sympathy from the forum. Stick to the facts of the situation. The rest is just worthless drivel.

redlinese-r
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
"Also stop bringing up how much you bent over backwards for me so you can try to get sympathy from the forum. Stick to the facts of the situation. The rest is just worthless drivel."

IM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY, IM JUST OBLIGATED TO LET THE FORUM MEMBERS KNOW WHO THEY ARE DEALING WITH. BTW, JUST FOUND THIS OUT TODAY...SEEMS LIKE YOU BEAT ME TO THE FORUM SYMPATHY THING ANYWAYS---->LINK (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/528516-i-need-your-opinion.html).

DONE.

06goat
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
nvm

dumple
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
sorry but in my opinion dave should be the one stuck with the non working subs and the OP should have the radar, if you used the subs and finished blowing them its now your responsibility

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
sorry but in my opinion dave should be the one stuck with the non working subs and the OP should have the radar, if you used the subs and finished blowing them its now your responsibility

Of course, I should be the one fucked here right? blow me douche bag. So basically I can sell you for example a sub thats mostly fried and because you finished it off I shouldnt be held accountable right?. Your an idiot and if this happened to you then you would be pissed. As I said before I had hoped the guy on the forum was mistaken about the wire breaking soon. I didnt overpower these subs. I ran them in the sealed box which with the dimensions and stuff should have allowed 400w of clean power per sub. I barely put 250 to them a piece.

dumple
01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
you shouldnt have used them when after you tested them, but because you did your now the moron thats crying wolf... And I wouldnt be stupid enough to test some equipment figure out that a subwoofer shouldnt read 26 or whatever ohms then use the thing anyway....... Do you have any pictures of the testing of the subwoofers before use??? im nots saying you should ship the subs back and be out money, but the op should have the radar and you should have the paper weights.... PS the motors can be reused with a different basket.

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
you shouldnt have used them when after you tested them, but because you did your now the moron thats crying wolf... And I wouldnt be stupid enough to test some equipment figure out that a subwoofer shouldnt read 26 or whatever ohms then use the thing anyway....... Do you have any pictures of the testing of the subwoofers before use??? im nots saying you should ship the subs back and be out money, but the op should have the radar and you should have the paper weights.... PS the motors can be reused with a different basket.

Actually since this happened due to the subs being abused by the previous owner I shouldnt have the paper weight tyvm. I may have the pics, not sure if I saved them but ill look. Also I thought maybe the off reading was from the cone sticking down a bit from the plywood on the subs in shipping. Apparently I was wrong. Either way I got one garbage sub and one good one. I honestly dont care what you think. He will either cover return shipping or he wont get the sub. Its been sitting here still taped up from when fedex returned the box UNOPENED I might add. So much for their inspection.

Anyway, 2 options here. Redlinese can cover the shipping or im gonna open the box and wall socket the sub just so he knows I wont be using it.

dumple
01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
you obviously dont understand what im saying and dumb for thinking it could have been a decent speaker reading that high, its your fault that you didnt get anything taken care of before finishing the sub off its now your problem, regardless of if it was broken before hand or not, why wouldnt you save the pictures, It seems kinda important doesnt it????
I think you should be out money, out subwoofers, out radar, and out life..

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:12 PM
you obviously dont understand what im saying and dumb for thinking it could have been a decent speaker reading that high, its your fault that you didnt get anything taken care of before finishing the sub off its now your problem, regardless of if it was broken before hand or not, why wouldnt you save the pictures, It seems kinda important doesnt it????
I think you should be out money, out subwoofers, out radar, and out life..

I didnt save them because he was a douche and refused to cover return shipping and stopped contacting me. His stuff isnt going anywhere but the trash if he doesnt cover return shipping. idgaf what you think. You dont mean **** and neither does your opinion. Talk **** all you want, it doesnt change a thing.

Also you stupid ****, impedance changes depending on cone position. I thought possibly it was out of place due to shipping. A mistake anyone could have made, fucktard.

dumple
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
That your dumb? Im glad my opinion cant make you a useful human being....

gpgtp
01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Seems to me he is giving it to anyone else.. You have your r d back its not yours to blow up anymore.

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
That your dumb? Im glad my opinion cant make you a useful human being....

such a witty reply...

Seems to me he is giving it to anyone else.. You have your r d back its not yours to blow up anymore.

Its either going back to him or its going in the trash. Either way I wont be keeping it. His choice, im done with his crap. Also your right, I got my stuff back. Oh wait, I didnt get the $75 back I sent to him.

pro-rabbit
01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I didnt save them because he was a douche and refused to cover return shipping and stopped contacting me. His stuff isnt going anywhere but the trash if he doesnt cover return shipping. idgaf what you think. You dont mean **** and neither does your opinion. Talk **** all you want, it doesnt change a thing.

Also you stupid ****, impedance changes depending on cone position. I thought possibly it was out of place due to shipping. A mistake anyone could have made, fucktard.

I'm not going to get into a huge debate here.

Your position and how you are expressing yourself only makes you and the situation worse.

Perhaps if you stepped back and thought about everything you have said already and what the deal has become you might see the error in the situation.

I say just send the stuff back and your cost. It won't cost much what so ever and gets this done. Why let the situation become so blown up as it currently is?

gpgtp
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
No you clown.. YOU NO LONGER OWN THE WOOFERS. it is no longer your discression what happens to them.

JoshC
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Its either going back to him or its going in the trash. Either way I wont be keeping it.

So your going to throw it away if he dosnt pay return shipping because your angry?

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm not going to get into a huge debate here.

Your position and how you are expressing yourself only makes you and the situation worse.

Perhaps if you stepped back and thought about everything you have said already and what the deal has become you might see the error in the situation.

I say just send the stuff back and your cost. It won't cost much what so ever and gets this done. Why let the situation become so blown up as it currently is?

Because ive lost enough money and refuse to lose more. Why is that so hard for these people to understand?. Why should I be out $125 in total and have nothing to show for it but a piece of **** dead sub?.

JoshC
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Because ive lost enough money and refuse to lose more. Why is that so hard for these people to understand?. Why should I be out $125 in total and have nothing to show for it but a piece of **** dead sub?.

and the radar

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
and the radar

The deal was my radar and $75 for the subs and box. One sub was junk. He sent the radar back which left my $75 that I sent him. If he wants his stuff back he will cover the shipping. Thats all there is to it. I paid to get it to me, he should have to pay to get it back. If he chooses not to then its not my problem.

dumple
01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
or you could give the guy the radar back because you broke the sub..... now if you called him out before ruining the sub i would most likely be on your side with this but, because you tested it, then disregarded that test and finished ruining the sub now you have the sub and the radar and the other guy has nothing, dont say he has my 75 bucks waaah waaah that was used to ship the speakers and box to you.

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:41 PM
or you could give the guy the radar back because you broke the sub..... now if you called him out before ruining the sub i would most likely be on your side with this but, because you tested it, then disregarded that test and finished ruining the sub now you have the sub and the radar and the other guy has nothing, dont say he has my 75 bucks waaah waaah that was used to ship the speakers and box to you.

Not happening, and its not my problem he paid extra to have the copy center he shipped through package the stuff. He could have done it himself considering they used a trash bag, piece of plywood and cardboard. Not like they used anything he couldnt have gotten from his garage more than likely.

He can have his crap back, he just needs to deal with shipping. ALSO, lets mention one more thing. If HE would have put HIS return address on the **** shipping label fedex would have returned it to HIM on their dime but he failed to do that. So he would have saved money packing himself AND they would have returned the package to him.

If I was wanting to be a **** I would have filed a paypal dispute and put his pp in the negative to get my 75 back.

QuietEclipse29
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
why not just send u the $62 or whatever ur out and u send the radar back to him? so its pretty much sub for radar

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
why not just send u the $62 or whatever ur out and u send the radar back to him? so its pretty much sub for radar

The radar is gone but if he wants to replace the dead sub with a good one then I have no problem working out something where both of us are happy.

dumple
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
awesome selling of items before the transaction is complete, next your going to sell the subs..... And whats up with all the name changes?

DaveVT
01-05-2012, 11:14 PM
awesome selling of items before the transaction is complete, next your going to sell the subs..... And whats up with all the name changes?

transaction is complete so **** off. The name changes are for no reason in particular. Have I attempted to hid who I am? No, so stfu. Im done here. The OP can pm me if he wants to work this **** out, otherwise oh well. Im done here.

pro-rabbit
01-06-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry, but your actions and how you conduct yourself in this situation is causing the issue.

If $75 is that big of a deal, then in all honesty you should not be worrying about such items in the first place.

I am glad I did not go with your offer to let you make payments on that amp. You have shown a true character here and I do not condone those actions.

If you need to stand your ground then do so, but find a better way to conduct your posts and statements. As of right now they are full of hate and stress. This shows you think something is wrong with the situation and refuse to allow any other party put any since into the topic. You also fail to take some responsibility for damaging product and then selling other products from a deal that was not finished.

This will be my last post in this topic as I do not like to post in threads such as this but let me end with this.

To anyone who reads this thread. Remember that how you conduct yourself right or wrong will in most cases out weigh the situation. Actions/posts such as these will most likely ensure that you will not have much of a future here. Regardless of how long you have been here before.

DaveVT
01-06-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm sorry, but your actions and how you conduct yourself in this situation is causing the issue.

If $75 is that big of a deal, then in all honesty you should not be worrying about such items in the first place.

I am glad I did not go with your offer to let you make payments on that amp. You have shown a true character here and I do not condone those actions.

If you need to stand your ground then do so, but find a better way to conduct your posts and statements. As of right now they are full of hate and stress. This shows you think something is wrong with the situation and refuse to allow any other party put any since into the topic. You also fail to take some responsibility for damaging product and then selling other products from a deal that was not finished.

This will be my last post in this topic as I do not like to post in threads such as this but let me end with this.

To anyone who reads this thread. Remember that how you conduct yourself right or wrong will in most cases out weigh the situation. Actions/posts such as these will most likely ensure that you will not have much of a future here. Regardless of how long you have been here before.

Think what you wish. The guy was an *** through email and hes proving to be the same on here so of course im going to be angry with him. Im done trying to defend myself here. You all can say whatever you wish.

Im the bad guy here so just ban me I guess. idgaf anymore.

pro-rabbit
01-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Think what you wish. The guy was an *** through email and hes proving to be the same on here so of course im going to be angry with him. Im done trying to defend myself here. You all can say whatever you wish.

As i said in the other thread. I never said you or he was right. I was only speaking of how you are posting.

619BassHead
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Popcorn and a beer :)

619BassHead
01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I never purchase **** thru forums .... Only ebay and o line electronics stores ..... Oh yeah and craigslist

redlinese-r
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM

how was I an *** in the emails? The worst i've been has been my first post describing you.....will gladly post my emails if you want.

redlinese-r
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM

This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to prove with this guy.....to me its not about the cost, or what i've lost, it's about the principles of the matter....that's why I decided to give away the sub...

-01limited-
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Wait. So you got your radar shipped back to you, and One good sub and the box shipped to you. And the other guy got 75 bucks. Cut your losses and stop being a *****. Remember you still have a good box and one working sub. Oh and got your radar back, sounds like you did come out on the better end of the deal.

Germ305
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
So much "Your" & "You're" fail ITT :fyi:

redlinese-r
01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Im being more than reasonable your obviously just too much of a fool to realize it. As for the return of the radar take it out of the 62.50. Send me the cost of shipping and $3.90 extra. That puts us both out $62.50 and you get your **** back. Im going to ask you one more time before im done and you can just go **** yourself.

WHY SHOULD I BE THE ONLY ONE LOSING MONEY?

I paid the shipping to get the ******* subs here and then some. YOUR PAYING FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING!!! PERIOD!!!

oh and yeah I changed my name. Pretty much sums it up, Im Dave and im from VT.

Also stop bringing up how much you bent over backwards for me so you can try to get sympathy from the forum. Stick to the facts of the situation. The rest is just worthless drivel.

at this time, i dont plan on getting my subwoofer back, hopefully someone will pick it up, therefore you still owe me $8.90. Thank you.

DaveVT
01-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Wait. So you got your radar shipped back to you, and One good sub and the box shipped to you. And the other guy got 75 bucks. Cut your losses and stop being a *****. Remember you still have a good box and one working sub. Oh and got your radar back, sounds like you did come out on the better end of the deal.

You dont seem to understand. He wants the box and sub back which I dont mind. Im just not paying the shipping when im out 75 already. If I pay shipping im out about 125 bucks total for a dead sub. ONE DEAD SUB!. I hardly think that one dead sub is worth 125 bucks. Maybe others in this thread can actually start to get that.

redlinese-r
01-06-2012, 07:08 PM

no, the $75 was his offer plus the radar for my subs ($75 was not originally the shipping cost, but what he offered plus the radar). He paid the $75, I shipped the subwoofers to him, the cost of shipping actually being $75 (receipt to prove!). So i did not even profit on that.

He got his radar back when he decided, after blowing the sub, he wanted it back. Reluctantly, I shipped it back on my dime ($8.90, since we're being all knick picky Dave) before Fedex even decided to either deny or accept the claim. Fedex denied it based on the fact that the packing (which was apparently thrown away, but all of a sudden shows back up?) was insufficient for the weight of the subwoofer. I have a letter from my shipper stating that he did NOT use bubble wrap and foam packing peanuts when packing it.

Asked for my subwoofers back, including the damaged one, to which Dave asked "why do you want a damaged subwoofer, Credence doesnt even carry recone parts for it anymore". What difference does it make what I want to do with it, its mine. Then all of a sudden he ends up being how he is and says no....if you want it back you pay shipping back to you. Umm...NO.

So Dave Martin has my subwoofers, enclosure, and his radar back (apparently, which he already sold).

Me...I have nothing.

And here we are.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

You dont seem to understand. He wants the box and sub back which I dont mind. Im just not paying the shipping when im out 75 already. If I pay shipping im out about 125 bucks total for a dead sub. ONE DEAD SUB!. I hardly think that one dead sub is worth 125 bucks. Maybe others in this thread can actually start to get that.

But its fair that, based on what YOU want, I'll be out $60+ dollars plus one none working subwoofer (60-80 bucks), plus $8.90 for shipping your radar back to you. Dont know if you know by now, but I have....NOTHING.

Well, if you are asking that I pay for it back, then NO i will not. Instead I will have it picked up. Thank you.

DaveVT
01-06-2012, 07:25 PM
no, the $75 was his offer plus the radar for my subs ($75 was not originally the shipping cost, but what he offered plus the radar). He paid the $75, I shipped the subwoofers to him, the cost of shipping actually being $75 (receipt to prove!). So i did not even profit on that.

He got his radar back when he decided, after blowing the sub, he wanted it back. Reluctantly, I shipped it back on my dime ($8.90, since we're being all knick picky Dave) before Fedex even decided to either deny or accept the claim. Fedex denied it based on the fact that the packing (which was apparently thrown away, but all of a sudden shows back up?) was insufficient for the weight of the subwoofer. I have a letter from my shipper stating that he did NOT use bubble wrap and foam packing peanuts when packing it.

Asked for my subwoofers back, including the damaged one, to which Dave asked "why do you want a damaged subwoofer, Credence doesnt even carry recone parts for it anymore". What difference does it make what I want to do with it, its mine. Then all of a sudden he ends up being how he is and says no....if you want it back you pay shipping back to you. Umm...NO.

So Dave Martin has my subwoofers, enclosure, and his radar back (apparently, which he already sold).

Me...I have nothing.

And here we are.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

But its fair that, based on what YOU want, I'll be out $60+ dollars plus one none working subwoofer (60-80 bucks), plus $8.90 for shipping your radar back to you. Dont know if you know by now, but I have....NOTHING.

Well, if you are asking that I pay for it back, then NO i will not. Instead I will have it picked up. Thank you.

Ok so your out a woofer which is because it was abused by YOU before I got it. Had it not been beat on it wouldnt have blown. I ran 250w to it, I know **** well you had alot more than that going to the pair. As for the shipping cost its not my fault you paid them extra to pack it AND as for fedex saying the packaging was insufficient THATS YOUR FAULT.

I thought the packaging was discarded but since I found it I repacked it the same way your shipper did. So the claim was denied due to you not making sure it was packed properly. Go figure. I even added a shitload of bubblewrap to make it look better. Also, fedex didnt even open the box to check the packing so it would appear they denied the claim just to deny it.

I dont know what the **** you expect from me...

ALSO one more thing. If YOU would have put your address as the return address they would have delivered it back to you. Another screwup on your part. THIS IS WHY IM NOT PAYING SHIPPING! Im out money and had you done **** right the claim would have been paid and they would have returned the subs and box to YOU!!!!.

QuietEclipse29
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I say just let him give it away man no harm at all. He did good by sending your radar back.

DaveVT
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
I say just let him give it away man no harm at all. He did good by sending your radar back.

Tell ya what, ill go with that if he refunds half of my 75 bucks.

QuietEclipse29
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Tell ya what, ill go with that if he refunds half of my 75 bucks.

ahh i see you wont let it go till you both lose out on money? Yet hes losing the two subs (even tho ones blown NOW) and box i say thats pretty even to your $75. Either way you both lost.

DaveVT
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
ahh i see you wont let it go till you both lose out on money? Yet hes losing the two subs (even tho ones blown NOW) and box i say thats pretty even to your $75. Either way you both lost.

hes losing the good sub and box because he doesnt want to cover shipping to get them back. Thats not my problem. Again, had he dealt with shipping properly fedex would have paid the claim AND returned the subs to him. His screw up.

619BassHead
01-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Sounds like your both screwed ..... Take it as a lesson in life and move on .... Its a subwoofer and a wooden box they can be replaced with money that is also replacable !

This will never get resolved i can easily see that but please continue fighting on a car audio forum this is quite entertaining :)

DaveVT
01-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Sounds like your both screwed ..... Take it as a lesson in life and move on .... Its a subwoofer and a wooden box they can be replaced with money that is also replacable !

This will never get resolved i can easily see that but please continue fighting on a car audio forum this is quite entertaining :)

If you insist. :typing:

redlinese-r
01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
ALSO one more thing. If YOU would have put your address as the return address they would have delivered it back to you. Another screwup on your part. THIS IS WHY IM NOT PAYING SHIPPING! Im out money and had you done **** right the claim would have been paid and they would have returned the subs and box to YOU!!!!.

I dont know why you keep saying that, because on the shipping form i had to fill out I did put my address on there so dont know exactly what you are talking about (btw, which i still have). In any case, my shipper said you would have to pay for shipping back anyways, Fedex was not responsible for the shipping cost back to me. If you claim that Fedex would have delivered it back, they would have atleast delivered it back to his company....dont you think?

DaveVT
01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I dont know why you keep saying that, because on the shipping form i had to fill out I did put my address on there so dont know exactly what you are talking about (btw, which i still have). In any case, my shipper said you would have to pay for shipping back anyways, Fedex was not responsible for the shipping cost back to me. If you claim that Fedex would have delivered it back, they would have atleast delivered it back to his company....dont you think?

Im going to attempt to keep my responses friendly from here on....I may not succeed but ill try. Fedex did not send it back because your address was not the return address. According to fedex if a ship center is listed as the return address they ship it back to the receiver. So it was either you who didnt put your return address on it or it was your shipper.

I just looked at the pic you sent me of the form you filled out to ship it. You put your info down but they put their info for the return address so it would appear they screwed up. Also, since fedex said packaging was insufficient for weight that would also be their fault since they packed it and you paid them to do it.

So it would appear your ship center fucked you out of the claim and getting the product returned. Looks like you need to take things up with them.

receipt pic

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/Raven2201/Rockford%20501S/solobaricshippingreceipt.jpg

d77543020
01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
exactly why i hate buying used speakers, and most electronics honestly. Amps dont bother me as much
Same here amps decks and batts are the only thing I buy used now

disturbed471985
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Toss the box and send him at a min his 1 working sub back. I mean is $20 bucks worth all this?? I mean look at how you have made yourself look!! Was it worth it really?

redlinese-r
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Im going to attempt to keep my responses friendly from here on....I may not succeed but ill try. Fedex did not send it back because your address was not the return address. According to fedex if a ship center is listed as the return address they ship it back to the receiver. So it was either you who didnt put your return address on it or it was your shipper.

I just looked at the pic you sent me of the form you filled out to ship it. You put your info down but they put their info for the return address so it would appear they screwed up. Also, since fedex said packaging was insufficient for weight that would also be their fault since they packed it and you paid them to do it.

So it would appear your ship center fucked you out of the claim and getting the product returned. Looks like you need to take things up with them.

receipt pic

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/Raven2201/Rockford%20501S/solobaricshippingreceipt.jpg

I contacted Fedex customer support and asked them if a claim was denied, and the recipient wanted to return the item after inspection to the sender, would be be "free". The answer was the same as my shipper's, which was NO. They do not do a free return to sender, so there you have it. You are free to call and ask as well...1.800.463.3339.

DaveVT
01-11-2012, 07:46 AM
I contacted Fedex customer support and asked them if a claim was denied, and the recipient wanted to return the item after inspection to the sender, would be be "free". The answer was the same as my shipper's, which was NO. They do not do a free return to sender, so there you have it. You are free to call and ask as well...1.800.463.3339.

Well then they blatantly lied to me. I was told it would have been returned to YOU had your address and NOT your shippers been on the form. Im not going to argue anymore. Im done giving a **** about this whole thing.