PDA

View Full Version : new system questions about wires and amp capability

jwest
12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi im new to the forum. I have just purchased a kicker zx1000.1, rf t2 12, and a fatbox enclosure. Im wondering if that amp will push the subwoofer good? Its the newer t2 the black one 1200 rms. Im wondering if the fatbox enclosure is any good also? And are db link wires good? Will 2 gauge wires be big enough?

sacsking916
12-30-2011, 06:09 PM
db link is decent wire yes, if the amp will accept that wire then yeah itll be fine. i cant speak on the fatbox other than its probably a better built prefab. that amp will push that sub fine. now thats not to say there is better for a little cheaper that can be had

jwest
12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Ok thanks. Wat amps r better for cheaper? Just for future references. I've been hearing stuff about the big 3. Wat is that?

sacsking916
12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Ok thanks. Wat amps r better for cheaper? Just for future references. I've been hearing stuff about the big 3. Wat is that?

its upgrading factory wires to allow more current to flow in your system. its upgrading the alt to bat, battery to chassis, and engine to chassis grounds. as far as amps you got mbquart, audiopipe, crescendo etc etc