PDA

View Full Version : can a cold weather ruin your mids ? my focal 165kv30 mids start to sound like blown

Saini.Preet
12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
last night it was -18 here in Toronto..in the morning when i was goin bak from from work i noticed whenever the bass hits both of my mids start to sound like they are blown or something.it usually happnd whenever i turned the volume little louder.i have been listening to music at same volume in my car eevryday for past 6 months.could this be cuz of the cold weather ? it changed overnight from -2 to -18 really fast.you think they will get back to normal anytime soon ? if not then i'll have to get another mids.tweets are working fine i like my focal tweets.but i wanna get a different mids this time.i am extremely sq guy and i have 3 jl w6s 10s.and i listen to rock ,& r&b and hip hop sometimes.what other brand close to or better than focal mids would you reocmmend ?

CAT MAN
12-28-2011, 09:55 AM
could have had moisture in the coils from sweating in the cold. might have a loose connection too. might want to check that speka

okiedokie
12-28-2011, 11:49 PM
**** -18 is hella cold.
If you where sitting in your car @-18 below, i bet you wouldn't work the next day either.
yes the `coil can freeze