PDA

View Full Version : High pitch noise through car speakers when the engine's running

lshane
12-26-2011, 12:50 AM
I have installed a new car audio system with one 4 channel amp and with a mono channel amp for the subwoofer. I bought everything brandnew (including high quality cables) . But I hear really annoying high frequency noise when i start the engine.
How can i get rid of that noise? and what are the possibilities to cause that noise??
A little bit help please :(

galacticmonkey
12-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Few possibilities:

1) Your power cable is too close to your RCAs, which cause interference.

2) The radio is causing the noise. Its very common with Pioneers. The Pioneers have something inside them called a pico fuse. That fuse blows when you hot-swap RCAs, and then it causes the noise.

My suggestions would be to ground the RCAs if its a Pioneer radio (wouldnt hurt if you did it with any brand), and make sure your RCAs arent near any power cables or anything that interfere with it.

Why So Cereal?
12-26-2011, 01:33 AM
check your ground on your amps.

lshane
12-26-2011, 10:42 PM
"1) Your power cable is too close to your RCAs, which cause interference." -galacticmonkey

Yeah man! that was the issue! i fixed if just now and i can hear crystal clear sounds!! :D
thanks a lot for your help!!

lshane
12-26-2011, 10:44 PM
thanks guys! ur answers were really helpful!

J31Rob
12-26-2011, 10:44 PM
"1) Your power cable is too close to your RCAs, which cause interference." -galacticmonkey

Yeah man! that was the issue! i fixed if just now and i can hear crystal clear sounds!! :D
thanks a lot for your help!!
You should consider getting better RCAs. Ones that are properly shielded. Then you won't have this issue no matter where your RCAs / power wires are.

09goodtime
05-29-2012, 11:57 AM
how do u ground the RCAs

Below20hzonly
05-29-2012, 12:13 PM
wrap a bare wire around all of the rca outputs on the back of your HU. Connect that wire to a screw on the HU(since its grounded anyway) or straight to a ground

09goodtime
05-30-2012, 02:41 PM
wrap a bare wire around all of the rca outputs on the back of your HU. Connect that wire to a screw on the HU(since its grounded anyway) or straight to a ground
do i need to wrap the rcas one at a time or can i wrap them all together

Below20hzonly
06-02-2012, 06:51 PM
all together