PDA

View Full Version : Anybody feel like makin a box for free+shipping?

skylineTT
12-24-2011, 02:48 AM
I bought my sister a nice excelon head unit with install accessories for Christmas. She drives a 2008 Altima Coupe and she is going to open the unit and stuff on Christmas day. I will also install it for her after we all open gifts. I have a few nice 10s and a few amps and I am thinking of putting a sub/amp combo in her trunk. I have basic box building tools and have built 10 or so but nothing involving angled faceplates or cuts. I noticed that ZEnclosures sells a direct fit box for her trunk that looks very clean and utilizes good materials/construction. It will be around 140 shipped though and I can't afford that, especially after all of the gifts I bought.

Just wondering if anybody is bored and wanted to try their hand at a sealed box for this car. It would just be a single 10 and all it really is is a sealed box with an angled faceplate that makes it looks somewhat flush.

here are some pix.
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2008-up-ALTIMA-COUPE-Subwoofer-Enclosure-SUB-BOX-/05/!B+DwBiQ!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEzIgY)E(wBM-jg3n+qQ~~0_3.JPG
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/fungusdiet/ZenclosureDimensions.jpg

The enclosure itself only really has to be around 1-1.25 cubes sealed i believe.

I know it is a long shot but just wanted to see if anybody was interested. I would pay all shipping+carpet or whatev. thanks

pro-rabbit
12-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Would be cheaper just to buy a prefab lol.

Mitch86
12-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I doubt anyone is going to do that for free. But for the price you'd pay for the shipping and everything you can get a decent prefab sealed box on ebay. Make sure its sealed up good and throw it in there for her.

duanebro
12-24-2011, 11:13 AM
I think it is time to learn to do angles.

pro-rabbit
12-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Angles are easy if you know the tricks to getting them perfect.

skylineTT
12-25-2011, 05:39 AM
teach me thine tricks, master. yeah i didn't want to buy a generic box or anything. i could build that easily. i thought the faceplate would be neat for her and all.

pro-rabbit
12-28-2011, 04:58 AM
teach me thine tricks, master. yeah i didn't want to buy a generic box or anything. i could build that easily. i thought the faceplate would be neat for her and all.

Just build a basic enclosure. Then slide it in the car. Go grab some poster board and trim it to fit how you want inside the car. Transfer the posterboard to wood and done.

:D