PDA

View Full Version : which would be better for sound quality?

jsluss17
12-18-2011, 03:58 PM
getting rockford fosgate 5.25 components which are 60 watts rms up front and keeping my speakers stock in the back or getting pioneer 5.25 components up front which are 35 watts rms and then pioneer 5x7's in the back that are 40 watts rms. they will be powered by a pioneer amp which does 35 watts x4 or 70 watts x2. if i get the rockford fosgate i would just power those the 70 watts and keep the back speakers powered by the headunit. if i get the pioneer speakers they will all be powered by the amp at 35 watts each. they'll be going in a 2003 mustang btw which is a small car so i don't know if the back speakers would really be necessary to be upgraded

disturbed471985
12-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Use the power for the front stage and run the rear stage on hu if you think you need it.

jsluss17
12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
if i run the rear stage though will it sound bad and be a boner kill for the front speakers?

Why So Cereal?
12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Rear fill is personal preference IMO, if your after staging and imaging, then without proper processing rear fill will ruin your staging. But if youre just looking for nice mids and highs to compliment maybe some subs or whatever, rear fill is great for rear passengers, helps with volume when the windows are down, and can be heard more easily outside of the car in case youre into that.