PDA

View Full Version : comp box help please

RangerDangerV2
12-17-2011, 05:55 PM
well i am starting to design a box for an atomic apx 18. Planning on competing in the msd-4 division in midwest spl comps. box dimensions will be 42"x20"x17" two slot ports each one 20"x3"x14". So how do these specs sound? other specs- atomic apx 18, dc audio 5.0k (still cant find price on one???) 250 amp alt 2 kinetik hc600b's in trunk. 2 0 guage runs off of each batt. trying to hit at LEAST 150 on music...

Moble Enclosurs
12-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Will you be willing to purchase a design? Also, shooting for a specific SPL will take more than just the design calculations in some cases, but we can see what we come up with if you like. Just let me know, ok?

RangerDangerV2
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
thanks for the offer... but I really want to do this myself. just so I can say that I put together and installed my whole system by myself. and I think that it will be a very good learning experience. just wondering though... how much would these plans cost.

Moble Enclosurs
12-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Nice! Very admirable. The design can run from 19.99-34.99 depending on what you want done. If in the future you become interested, here is the link to the information HOW TO ORDER!!! - Mobile Enclosures - Custom subwoofer boxes (http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com/how-to-order/). There is a lot more information on there as well that is being updated, so if you have any questions, check it out if you like. :D Good luck on the design! Hope it works out well, and if it does, I wouldn't mind knowing how it turned out for you.

RAM_Designs
12-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Just running your dimensions, you have 6.62ft^3 before sub and port displacement, so you're already on the small side of things. What vehicle is this going in?