PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure suggestions for 12" Infinity Perfects

DoesDad
12-16-2011, 07:59 PM
So I bought a couple 12" Infinity Kappa Perfects off Craigslist for dirt cheap. They were brand new in the box. Anyway, I had some 10" Perfects and I put them in a medium size slot ported box and they sounded great! I put these in a smaller but ported (rear slotted) box. No idea where the box is tuned to but they sound horrible! I know they're going to need to be broke in but they sound bad. I know it's the enclosure. Any suggestions? Maybe some suggestions on box designers? I can't afford a custom box but I can build my own. Or does anyone know maybe a prefab that would work with these? Thanks!

wenn_du_weinst
12-16-2011, 08:12 PM
post up your max dimensions get a design then build it. A pre built box is horrible those subs rock.

DoesDad
12-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I can make the box as big as I want pretty much. It's the trunk of a '99 Monte Carlo. The 10 inch Perfects were probably my favorite subs.... I think I might've just gotten lucky throwing them in that prefab they were in.... I keep hearing that these are more SQ subs as well but the 10's were crazy for SPL! Seriously. They got LOUD and sounded great at the same time. Was hoping for the same thing with the 12's.

wenn_du_weinst
12-16-2011, 08:43 PM
that trunk is actually pretty small

DoesDad
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
It's small height wise I guess... Pretty deep though. I'll take some dimensions and post em' up tomorrow. Maybe some one can give me some ideas. Thanks!

akheathen
12-20-2011, 05:45 PM
which perfects are they? m3d's? year/model# i know the original perfects were amazing in like 1.5cu sealed. i built an spl box for 2-10's about 4 years ago, and it did put out real good, and sounded nice at high volume, but then it just sat in the garage where it is today. thinking about picking up a pair of nos m3d's to play with, but i really want the older first ones, for nostalgia. i'm going to throw the 10's in a doubble band-pass and see how that goes, and i'll try to remember to let you know as for porting the 12's, i've never done it, but i can tell you that they will sound good and loud sealed with about 800wrms, i would suggest one enclosure on each side of the trunk.

pro-rabbit
12-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Should have around 14-16 height and around 33-36 width...more depth then you will need.

Need to figure out which subs you bought though. As mentioned there are several different versions of the "perfect".

Ridinhi
12-22-2011, 05:14 PM
which perfects are they? m3d's? year/model# i know the original perfects were amazing in like 1.5cu sealed. i built an spl box for 2-10's about 4 years ago, and it did put out real good, and sounded nice at high volume, but then it just sat in the garage where it is today. thinking about picking up a pair of nos m3d's to play with, but i really want the older first ones, for nostalgia. i'm going to throw the 10's in a doubble band-pass and see how that goes, and i'll try to remember to let you know as for porting the 12's, i've never done it, but i can tell you that they will sound good and loud sealed with about 800wrms, i would suggest one enclosure on each side of the trunk.
Do you mean 1.5cubes each or for a pair?