PDA

View Full Version : mofo 122x with kicker zx250.1

Foote11
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Item(s) for Sale:

Im looking at buying a mofo122x it runs about 1500 rms i currently have a kicker zx250.1? i think? iv read that if you under power a sub itll clip and blow the sub so would it be a good idea to power that sub with my current amp? or do i need to by a new amp? can you offer some cheap suggestions? i was looking at a Kenwood Kac-9105D 1800-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier or is there anyway i can just keep my current amp without destroying the sub

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

bgowdy31
12-16-2011, 10:40 AM
underpowering subs will not blow them. i had to mofo 152xs i underpowered for a year and they never messed up. the guy i sold em to still has them

globalminds_ent
12-16-2011, 11:32 PM
dude run with a brand x XFL12 its underrated at 500wrms its dual 2 cost the same as a mofo 12 but hits 10x deeper I had two mofo 12s on a staxx 5500 they get very loud but can't hit low at all very poor sound quality too I'm tellin u I'm running two of those brand x XFL 12s' on 3000 rms sound great at very very low volume they use a triple stacked motor deep deep bass I'm pretty sure the people over at lanzar make em because the XFL12SPL woofer has the optidrive basket and brand x is owned by sound around just like lanzar and the xfl 12 is their "competition" woofer

brandinooooo
12-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Wrong post area unless your trying to sell.

Underpowering will not hurt the sub at all. Clipping will kill it quickly. If you underpower it, just remember to not turn up the gains to compensate for the lower wattage.

You can use the Kenwood if you wire your sub to 2 ohms (900 rms) which means you'll need a D4 or D1 sub.