PDA

View Full Version : Noob old man from Tulsa, OK

DoesDad
12-12-2011, 10:48 PM
What's up guys? I am 40 years old and my youngest daughter just turned 6 and it's finally time for her to be able to handle LOUD music once in a while. I was into car audio pretty heavily when I was younger and I've been out of it for over 20 years. The stuff they have now, everything included, subs, amplifiers is just amazing. It's come a loooong way since I was into it. Can't wait to jump in. I've already got a "project" car I guess you could call it. '99 Monte Carlo. So far I've got a Kenwood MP345U HU, Some JBL old school 6 x 9's, an infinity 611a reference amp and 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect subs in a ported box. All bought from Craigslist for the paltry sum of about $250 bucks! Sounds pretty **** good for a budget system. I do hope to get into buying and selling again and just meeting people. Been a loooong time since I've had a cool hobby. Well thanks guys. Go easy on me BTW. I might seem like a bit of ******* at first but I catch on quick!

surreal
12-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Woh, good to see you around. I am also located in Tulsa! Welcome.

DoesDad
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it.

hispls
12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
JBL/Infinity still makes some good equipment IMO. A few real stand out pieces even, but mostly reliable mid-tier stuff.

Definitely a lot has changed, and if you're like me and couldn't afford some of the really killer stuff in the late 80s early 90s most of it can be had for a song these days if you want to own some old school stuff for the sake of nostalgia. Don't bother with old speakers (technology has come too far), but many of the top tier amps and processors are still viable and can be had for cheap.

pro-rabbit
12-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I'm just down the road in OKC myself.

05fronty
12-18-2011, 10:16 AM
welcome fellow old fart