PDA

View Full Version : Basic Box designer needed!

Qbenjamin
12-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't remember who I had design my last box, but I need a semi-basic design done. I would like to run two 8" subs in a separate chambered box. My max dimensions are as follows: 30.5" (w); 11" (d); 14" (h). I'd prefer to use all of the width and height before messing with the depth. If you need me to send you a drawing or picture of the type of box that I need done, please feel free to PM me. The subs are only displacing .1cf per chamber, and I have two sets to choose from.

Similar but not exact style box can be found here (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7509_Sonic-Sub-Box-2SV12-GRAY.html)

DonH
12-12-2011, 12:32 AM
you will want a single chamber box if going for ported...

duanebro
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
what subs, what car? how much power? ports get longer as the box gets smaller. A single chamber could be more effective.

Nut Hair Trick
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
What these guys said ^^^ plus, porting in the middle like that takes up more box volume. If you go with a single chamber for the 2 8's and port on the side of the box firing in the same direction as the subs, you will have more usable enclosure space. This will keep you from having to make your box bigger to meet the required net box volume. I know I basically said the same thing 3 different ways, but I was trying to be clear on that.

pro-rabbit
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
In order to get a design from most of us you would need to give us more details.

What kind of vehicle is it going into?

What subs are you going to use?

What kind of power?

What kind of results are you wanting from this setup?

Also, with your listed space available you only have 1.99ft^3 that is not a lot of space to work with.

Qbenjamin
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
you will want a single chamber box if going for ported...

I simply like the look of the dual chamber box, I know a single port is the normal route to go.

what subs, what car? how much power? ports get longer as the box gets smaller. A single chamber could be more effective.

Toss up between the SA-8's & the DD 1508's. Going into a 2008 Lexus IS 250.

What these guys said ^^^ plus, porting in the middle like that takes up more box volume. If you go with a single chamber for the 2 8's and port on the side of the box firing in the same direction as the subs, you will have more usable enclosure space. This will keep you from having to make your box bigger to meet the required net box volume. I know I basically said the same thing 3 different ways, but I was trying to be clear on that.

Thanx for your response, as I said above, I just simply like the look of the dual chambered box. If I can't do it, its not the end of the world, I will just go with the single chamber.

In order to get a design from most of us you would need to give us more details.

What kind of vehicle is it going into?

What subs are you going to use?

What kind of power?

What kind of results are you wanting from this setup?

Also, with your listed space available you only have 1.99ft^3 that is not a lot of space to work with.

I will be supplying the subs with around 1k watts, and I am an SQ/L buff. Want to keep the tuning between 28-33 hz...

Sugary Monkey
12-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Just came up with a new design tonight for 2 SA8s dual chambered as you described each chamber is .75ft^3 tuned to 32hz. Each chamber has its own port though and the dimensions are 45 1/4" X 14" X 9 3/4". A little wider than you were shooting for but will fit nicely in my 99 tacoma ext cab :thumbupw:
Check my thread for a sketchup if your interested.