PDA

View Full Version : Crackling noise in door speakers?

Tek18
12-07-2011, 08:08 PM
No matter what volume i have my head unit at, at lower volume it seems to be worse and only with some songs.

( it sounds fine in my headphones and through computer etc. )

but the stock door speakers are about 7 years old and blow, but i have to use them for a little bit longer and i just installed a new head unit and it didn't do it before and a week later its making this noise? its weird. Im not sure if its a setting or something i have messed up. or i want to prevent how i can not get it to do it to my new speakers if its permanent.

thanks!

btw i keep my head unit at 52/62 and don't go any higher, at 55-56 it distorts ( just with bass )

Tek18
12-07-2011, 11:24 PM
anyone

Dirtrider4eva
12-07-2011, 11:25 PM
ahhh, potential alternator whine? maybe a bad connection.
reversed wires on speakers? volume seems high.. i never go above 3/4 of max.
make sure bass isnt boosted.
could be the speaekers being shot..completey.

keep_hope_alive
12-08-2011, 12:38 AM
replace the speakers. the new head unit delivers a lot more power than the factory one did.

VWBobby
12-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Bad ground or partial short in speaker wires? I had a bad ground that would make all kinds of weird noise and crackling at low volume and went away as the volume turned up, finally the HU would power off at near full volume. After I cleaned up my ground all the problems went away, worth a shot. ;)

Definitely replace the speakers as soon as you can.

brandinooooo
12-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Just distorting from being old. Just replace them

DDtC
12-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Could be the head unit.. it was with mine. And the Ipod, i would have to restart it for it to go away.