PDA

View Full Version : Which Box design will give me the better output?

JeepGuy
12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
So what would your opinions on a louder bandpass box design for 2 15's? The box's have the same specs (15 cubes, sealed to port ratio is 1.5, and tuned to 50 hertz) the only difference is the way the subwoofers are facing. The first way is with each subwoofer on each said and the other way is with both subwoofers facing towards the port. Below I have some pictures. Or does it even make a difference? lol

>>SQL<<
12-03-2011, 03:08 AM
I cannot say which would be louder but I did have a box like that in a CL with the drivers firing towards each other and the port firing through the fold down armrest. Sounded good and clean but didn't go down real low. However I was using much less cubes than what you are going for.

JeepGuy
12-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Port too close to woofers= Bad news. May have issues with the 2 that face each other. Mayyybe. Not positive. Do the subs facing forward. Can u get in touch with 80inches?

How is it the port to close to port? How far do they need to be because I can always the ratio of port sealed or I could make the port have less length and more width?

CAT MAN
12-03-2011, 11:55 PM
id go with the subs firing toward each other but its all :imo: