PDA

View Full Version : sub box too small?

///nick
12-01-2011, 09:24 PM
i have 2 10 inch re auido se series, d2. running at 2 0hm with a rockford 1 channel 1500 watt amp. the box i have is ported in the middle and i have measured it to be about 2.95 cubic feet for both chambers .this is a generic box i picked up at the local sterio shop. now, im going for really low bass (the kind that makes it hard to breathe) would i need a bigger box? i have read the specs on the internet for my subs but i have lots of people telling me that thease re audio subwoofers are under rated and what not. and i should go with a bigger box. advice?

duanebro
12-01-2011, 09:39 PM
What is the box tuned to? measure the h x w x l of the port and post that also. Did you find the size of the box by figuring out the internal dimensions? And not including the port of course.

Kangaroux
12-01-2011, 09:43 PM
OP gonna say right now you aren't gonna get breath taking bass from a pair of some RE SE 10's, but getting a custom box made for your application could potentially make your setup a lot louder. If that is a "generic box" then chances are it's tuned fairly high (high 30's even low 40's). Lower frequencies may be what you are looking for.

CAT MAN
12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
OP gonna say right now you aren't gonna get breath taking bass from a pair of some RE SE 10's, but getting a custom box made for your application could potentially make your setup a lot louder. If that is a "generic box" then chances are it's tuned fairly high (high 30's even low 40's). Lower frequencies may be what you are looking for.

mine takes your breath :D........

but i agree with you totally. and id like to see some specs...