PDA

View Full Version : If I were to go active.....HELPPPPP

08Accord
11-30-2011, 12:17 AM
If I were to go active, what would I require in terms of speakers? I'm a bit confused as to what the difference is between woofers, drivers, and mid-ranges. I've heard fantastic things about tang band, dayton, and pearless speakers. My car fits 6.5" speakers all around with 1" tweeters in the sails. I'm very new to this but I want to do it correctly. I know that to go active, I basically need a 3/way electronic crossover as opposed to passive indoor crossovers correct?

Can someone pleaseeeee help me here and possibly make recommendations for speakers from such companies listed above that would fit my car? I know SQ costs an arm and a leg so I'm not expecting the finest. I just hate that high pitch, shreeking sound. I like warm lows, with a bright high.

I have a Cadence F100-5 amp and here are the specs:
Rated Power @ 4 ohm RMS: 100W x 4
Rated Power @ 2 ohm RMS: 150W x 4
Channel Five @ 4 ohm RMS Mono: 300W
Channel Five @ 2 ohm RMS Mono: 500W

Thanks you guys

>>SQL<<
11-30-2011, 07:24 AM
yesterday you were asking if you should get a Boss HeadUnit.

I think you should take it step by step.

Walk before you run.

Buy a good Headunit - Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine

Add a Subwoofer and Amp

then add a front set of components with a good 2 channel amp pushing them.

Step by Step young grasshopper.

Also **** for you is that there are no shops that I recommend in your area.

I know your area very well, I just moved here to Tn from my home in the Oaks at Clint Moore and 441.

Ever since Sound Advice closed down there is nothing around worth a ish.

08Accord
11-30-2011, 08:58 AM
lol yea Boca blows...you gotta drive down to miami to find good shops.

I got a pioneer 3300bt yesterday, my cadence f100-5 arrives today, already have a jl w3v2 12, right now i have jl zr 6.5" components installed and some garbage coaxials in the rear.

just unhappy with the zr's

Why So Cereal?
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
What is it you dont like about them? Are they eq'd? Sealed doors?