PDA

View Full Version : Is This possible?

fooch
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Ok so what I want to do is put my 2 12" subs and 2k watt annndd my yellow-top in my house. I would get a charger for my battery so i wouldn't have to worry about using power from house outlets. The only I can't figure out is how will I get my remote turn-on lead to my home audio receiver(It's and rca like inlet)?

So can this process be done haha?

ahole-ic
11-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok so what I want to do is put my 2 12" subs and 2k watt annndd my yellow-top in my house. I would get a charger for my battery so i wouldn't have to worry about using power from house outlets. The only I can't figure out is how will I get my remote turn-on lead to my home audio receiver(It's and rca like inlet)?

So can this process be done haha?
You're going to have to use house outlet power for the charger, and the charger will need to always be on. You will drain that battery in a minute or two. For the remote lead you'll need to wire a toggle switch and just come off of +12v.

Kangaroux
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I've tried doing the same thing and it seems like a good idea but trust me go with a small efficient setup that you can run off like a 250w computer power supply. Running a battery charger constantly will jack up your electrical bill like crazy

fooch
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
The deep cycled battery won't hold charge for any longer than that? I was planning on just putting it in a car to charge it. And is it bad for the battery to be charged with a house outlet? aren't they volts way off? Excuse me if I'm being noob.

ahole-ic
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
The deep cycled battery won't hold charge for any longer than that?
Nope.

I was planning on just putting it in a car to charge it. And is it bad for the battery to be charged with a house outlet? aren't they volts way off? Excuse me if I'm being noob.
You don't just wire the wall socket to the battery. Not only are the voltages different but so is the type of electricity. You said you'd use a charger, which plugs into the wall socket.

ninjawhiteboy12
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
I've never thought about this, but II guess it could work. Besides the increased power bill are there any downsides to doing it this way instead of usung a DC Power Supply?

wenn_du_weinst
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM
it's cheaper to get real HT stuff.

ahole-ic
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I've never thought about this, but II guess it could work. Besides the increased power bill are there any downsides to doing it this way instead of usung a DC Power Supply?
A charger might have a bit more noise than a DC power supply. Some huge caps would go a long way to clean it up.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

TRUF, and safer.

Kangaroux
11-29-2011, 05:17 PM

Yep...get a sub with a soft suspension that doesn't need much power to do its thing and you will be good to go.

wenn_du_weinst
11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
you don't need the power in house you do in car. you will deff not need 2k

disturbed471985
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
My Pioneer HT setup is only rated at 35x5 and 100x1 (for 8") and it gets loud as balls I cant ever see a reason to want any louder. I guess some might want it louder but 2k on a HT setup will cost you alot of money and alot of headache.

fooch
11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
eh it was worth a try.
Thanks everyone

disturbed471985
11-29-2011, 05:43 PM
I mean if you have around 5-10k then you can get that 2k setup done correctly. I have been in a few houses that had a couple 1000 invested in the HT system and they are amazing. Ur local theater has nothing on the ones I have heard. I mean if you got a couple grand u need to burn and you love your TV then go for it.

fooch
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
I mean if you have around 5-10k then you can get that 2k setup done correctly. I have been in a few houses that had a couple 1000 invested in the HT system and they are amazing. Ur local theater has nothing on the ones I have heard. I mean if you got a couple grand u need to burn and you love your TV then go for it.

yeah man I have 2 12" dcaudio lvl4's and LED blue hifonics amp which i dearly miss