PDA

View Full Version : Chambers behind subs that some T Lines have and most dont? What do they Do?

Jroo
11-23-2011, 10:18 AM
On some T line designs I see that people have the woofer firing into a chamber and then it goes into the line/port. On most T line designs, the woofer just fires directly into the line/port and that snakes around. I grasp and understand the math to figure out the line/port length. I have never seen anywhere how someone comes up with the chamber size that the woofer fires into before the line/port. How would you figure this out and why is is necessary? What do they do if a T line is really nothing but a long port?

Phoenix Risen
11-23-2011, 10:29 AM
t lines are supposed to be just a long port, ive seen some cases where a tumor was put on the start to allow for the sub to actually fit in the enclosure, but im not really sure the effects of it on the performance.

Jroo
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Phoenix Risen, that makes sense, but the size has to affect the line and the performance. Would anyone know how this would factor into your calcualtion?

hispls
11-28-2011, 10:31 AM
If there were a chamber beyond the size needed to fit the woofer, I'm not sure if it would still be a true t-line....

dumple
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Post a picture of the said enclosures