PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice..

BNolan12
11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I need some door speakers to compliment my 2 SA-10 but I'm a college student and don't have all the money in the world at the moment so my question is should I get a really nice pair of components for the fronts and leave the back speakers as stock or should I get 2 sets of descent (not as good) sets to put in all doors. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks

Nut Hair Trick
11-21-2011, 05:16 PM
The best you can afford up front with an amp to run to them. Leave the rears running off your HU. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't hurt to remove the rears from the car, thats how important they are. But, if you leave them, thats fine too.

BNolan12
11-21-2011, 05:21 PM
The best you can afford up front with an amp to run to them. Leave the rears running off your HU. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't hurt to remove the rears from the car, thats how important they are. But, if you leave them, thats fine too.

Yes I will be getting an amp to run them off of. I was thinking about removing them or disconnecting them because they are starting to rattle but I didn't know if I would be losing much

Nut Hair Trick
11-21-2011, 05:32 PM
If the speaker themselves in the back are rattling then yes, disconnect them. You could however use them as rear fill if there aren't any undesirable resonances. Chances are though, you wont even hear them when you have a front stage powered by an amp. I know I normally don't.

BNolan12
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Ok will do. Thanks