PDA

View Full Version : 1 6" aero or two?

jj4475
11-19-2011, 03:58 PM
I got a sealed box should be around 4.5 after bracing and everything is inside including the port if only using 1. My question is would you use 1 or 2 6" ports. If I go with 2 then they are going to have to be kinda external a little bit but that don't bother me. Also do you guys fire your sub to the rear of the car and port on the side or what? Sub is tc axis. Thanks

Qexler
11-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Can I have some specs on the sub, size, power?

Moble Enclosurs
11-19-2011, 10:03 PM
So, your plan is to turn the sealed enclosure into a ported one? I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. There is so much that has to be understood for your situation, that a lot more information would be needed to give you an idea of what to do accurately. I will keep it simple for now, so, what driver are you using? I know you said tc axis, but size and specs are very important to know as mentioned before. Also, specs on the box such as internal dimensions, NOT CUBIC VOLUME, I dont care about cubic volume, and the port size and length you plan to use to put in there, which we know you want either 1 or 2 6" round ports, but no specified length or anything is mentioned either. Here is the very basic info needed for anyone to do anything with this properly:
1. Sub a. size, sd, fs, qts, vas
2. box a, height, width, depth-all internal
3. port a diameter, and length.
4. response cutoff or tuning
5. power you are going to use.
Then anyone can figure a very basic idea of how many you need.