PDA

View Full Version : does bigger mean better?

kidd1020
11-11-2011, 11:05 PM
i have 2 kicker cvx 10 inch subs and currently i have a sealed box and it is split into two different chambers and each sub is getting about one cubic foot per sub and i was wondering if i gave them some more room by making a new enclosure will they hit harder or sound better? and ive also been told by one of my friends that if i make a box without a dividing wall between the subs it will sound better is that true or no? Im trying to to get the most out of my system that i can! thanks for the help!!!

Louisiana_CRX
11-11-2011, 11:06 PM
1cu ft sealed each is bout right

Kangaroux
11-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Making the box bigger will make the subs operate in a more efficient manner, thus giving more output for the power they are given (you can achieve something similar by mounting the subs inverted). As for sounding better, if you go too big you may find that the subs seem "boomy" and articulate bass lines not as well. On the flip side, you will generally gain low end by making a larger box.

kramer_212
11-11-2011, 11:12 PM
if you go from the sealed to a ported it will be better (if you are tring to get louder)

mylows10
11-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Making the box bigger will make the subs operate in a more efficient manner, thus giving more output for the power they are given (you can achieve something similar by mounting the subs inverted). As for sounding better, if you go too big you may find that the subs seem "boomy" and articulate bass lines not as well. On the flip side, you will generally gain low end by making a larger box.

this

double 07
11-12-2011, 10:05 PM
If you go with bigger box, it would be wise to go ported.