PDA

View Full Version : CD player noise through amp/speakers when quiet Kenwood KDC-HD545U

VWBobby
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi guys,

Strange problem, brand new deck. Right when you play a CD you get a loud click and a running/whirring sound playing through the amp. It seems to go away when you get the volume above 4 - 5 out of 40. The unit sounds and plays fine otherwise, no major noise when on USB, radio or other sources.

I'm thinking some kind of ground loop problem but it seems to be confined to only playing, CD's nothing else.

Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

ItsAJeepThing
11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Try a new ground for the deck. My kenwood would play a thump noise when changing tracks on cds through my subs. I grounded my rcas and it fixed the problem.

VWBobby
11-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I finally got around to working on it yesterday. Turns out I had a bad ground! The deck was picking up a ground through my RCA's to the amps, but wasn't getting a ground on the black wire. Now its all good, sounds perfect! :)

Btl18
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm having the same problem on my kenwood hd545u head unit . How exactly do you ground RCA's? Any input would be great! Thanks in advance.