PDA

View Full Version : Just installed IPOD hookup and no sound

dye4metal
11-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a pioneer AVIC-N3 flip out dvd, etc,etc and i hooked up the ipod connection (CD-IB100II) and i have zero sound coming out of my speakers but full on screen control of the ipod, it works flawless, but with no sound. the manual says connect to head unit, i have it connected to the brain right now if thats my issue?

dye4metal
11-09-2011, 02:52 PM
How do I get to the system settings on a n3?

NoLoud4U
11-09-2011, 03:24 PM
check the Ipod settings also

>>SQL<<
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
if it says connect to the HU why are you surprised that hooking it up to the brain does not work?

dye4metal
11-09-2011, 03:44 PM
The directions are for multiple units... The N3 only
has one IP-Bus port and it's only on the brain. I have checked all the settings and still have nothing.

>>SQL<<
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
have you checked here yet?

N Series - AVIC411.com (http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/29-n-series/)

dye4metal
11-09-2011, 09:29 PM
yes, i am a member there and posted a thread, i have a feeling im going to need to get in the service menu.

dye4metal
11-11-2011, 02:23 PM
i swear its something new everytime with these **** Pioneers units. i cant recommend them to anyone. There customer support cant even get back to me within 5 days.

>>SQL<<
11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I have an AVIC-Z2

I love the unit but I cannot believe how stupid the clock adjustment was.
The mins was always correct but the hours was off by 3
Yet it knows where the car is and what time zone I am in.

Finally found an adjustment in the Regional Menu - wtf??

dye4metal
11-11-2011, 02:55 PM
The interfaces are terribly setup on them, they go through navigation discs like tampons because one scratch and the thing $hits itself, ive had grounding issues with all units (one lead to almost starting a fire..) now i cant even get the ipod connect to have any sound?? i knew i shouldnt have bought another :rage:

>>SQL<<
11-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I will say that the navi on the Z series is one of the best that I have ever used.

brodeisel
11-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Thread is nothing but fail

dye4metal
11-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Thread is nothing but fail
so bump the thread that is failing...

im glad you have an answer to my question.

brodeisel
11-11-2011, 04:42 PM
so bump the thread that is failing...

Im glad you have an answer to my question.

all i can do is try :)

caseymcc
11-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear, I had a N2 start of '06ish and it was amazing up until it's 3rd year and started to poop nonsense.. Also FYI, there is a dude on ebay that sells the new nav disks, properly formatted for like 5 bucks..

if you check out their new stuff, you'd be pleasantly surprised and would probably wanna upgrade.. no more break out boxes/brains, no more DVD nav, still IP bus on the back, way lighter... by (nano)TONS, much more... anyway..

so I take it you've done this for service menu:

REMOVE DISK

HOLD RESET AND EJECT
RELEASE RESET BUT HOLD EJECT
SCREEN WILL GO BACK IN AND OUT-THEN SAYS PLEASE PRESS THE RESET BUTTON…DON’T
THEN WITH JOY PAD PRESS …
UP,RIGHT,UP,RIGHT,DOWN,RIGHT,DOWN,RIGHT…THEN OK (JOYPAD BUTTON INWARDS)
PASSWORD SCREEN WILL COME ON SCREEN BREIFLY
TEST MODE SCREEN APEARS-CLICK JOYSTICK TO RIGHT ONCE

BUTTONS

OK = JOYPAD INWARD
BACK = JOYPAD TO THE LEFT…NOTE THIS WILL BRING YOU BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE
BACK = BAND BUTTON ….NOTE THIS WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO THE MAIN MENU

this took me a few tries, but did work, pasted from an old txt doc i cant believe I still have

not sure what you'll get from there, probably not much.. it gives some options but not what you're looking for. As far as I remember, at least.

a full OS reset won't help either, that should be last resort.

Make sure your aux AV source is turned off in one of the settings menus (cant remember exactly its been a few years). I remember this causing issues if left on and not used. all sources may need to be turned off to get to that setting menu.

You're connecting this through the brain because you are bypassing something else using the ip bus as well? if you have other IP bus items, make sure the daisy chain is in the proper order. blue to blue black to black. if there are other IP bus items, try unplugging all the others and just the ipod guy plugged. my only other advice is check the main brain to HU data cable, yellow tips i think? I do remember the back of the N2 N3 units to be very finicky in their connectors and a little push or re-seat may be all you need. I understand this requires pulling the deck out, but might as well have it out if you're troubleshooting an issue. and you're positive no other issues from any other inputs.. just this cable? if all else fails, try another cable... hope you still have time to send back for full refund or replacement.

Good luck!