PDA

View Full Version : Money offered for box designed

miska_man
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey! You came here because you want either money or to genuinely help me! Great! Here's the low down:
Here's my main question right now: Would it be worthwhile or efficient or a good idea to have the port going towards the front of the car?? The back seat has a hollow armrest to allow the port to fire through...

I have a 15" Alpine Type R that wants a ported box built around him. I want it to fit underneath the rear shelf and inbetween the wheel wells so that means a maximum of 11 1/2" in height and a max of 36" wide. The length can be pretty long, I figure up to about 30". Should be enough for a ported 15", right?

Now here's the other part that I haven't decided on yet. I have an armrest that opens from the rear seat to the trunk. Opinions on putting the port through there so it "blows" into the interior??

And I am also looking for someone to help me with dimensions of this box and figure out correct port length/width/whatever. I tried my own ported box I built before and the sub had WAY too much excursion. So I am offering $15 PayPal for a design that is ported, is loud, and fits my dimensions.

Anyone interested? And what are anyones opinion on the port setup?

pro-rabbit
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
You have enough room it looks like. I'm guessing your doing sub up considering your limited height? Port to the side, back, or up?

If your interested I can build you a design with a 3D model and cut sheets. If your interested I can PM you some details on pricing and such.

miska_man
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes, sub up would the only option I can think of unless the sub is mounted diagonal.... Dunno if that would be a good idea though:uhoh: Hard to build...

Edit: Port would preferably be going to the front of the car (into the interior). Is that a good idea??

dB-SPL
11-07-2011, 05:05 PM
If you do that, you're probably going to be stuck inverting the sub.. It's going to hit the port unless you offset it in the corner. Not sure that's a good idea either. Why not just fire the port toward the rear?

pro-rabbit
11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Could do a similar design to this one.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/prorabbit/Designs/xray4ft3.png

duanebro
11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
what size was your box before? and what tuning?

for the new box; how big is the hole for the armrest? how high does it start, from the trunk?

StevesCarAudio
11-11-2011, 06:39 PM
maybe just set the sub on the floor of the trunk and run it open air??? lol jk. I did a top mount with a port through the armrest access hole in a buick and it did pretty good. Just measure from the floor of the trunk to the start of the opening for the hole and get dimensions for that and hopefully it's enough port area for the sub.

StevesCarAudio
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Duanebro! I am originally from Grand Blanc. Never expected to see someone on here from there!

kramer_212
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Could do a similar design to this one.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/prorabbit/Designs/xray4ft3.png

this guy knows his stuff

StevesCarAudio
11-12-2011, 03:23 AM
^yeah he does know his stuff. If I ever needed help on a box I would pretty much pay what ever he asked for. Heard so many good things and have friends who have built boxes from plans from him.