PDA

View Full Version : help me rebuild my front stage and integrate rear fill

Why So Cereal?
11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
So I'm wanting to redo all of my mids n highs. Since one of my Boston tweets is shot anyway. And I never was completely satisfied with all of it.
Here are some options I've come up with:
1. Passive 2 way comp set probably Boston sc50 and matching coaxials rear.
2. Some kind of full range driver in my door then an extra tweeter up front high to lift the stage then maybe a midrange driver for rear fill.
3. Somehow Design a 2 way set comin out to 2 ohms final using 2 mids and one tweeter one mid in front door, one mid in rear panel and tweeter upfront.

Looking for some good SQ since I'm very picky lol and also would like to be able to do small sq comps and win!

Have about 50w rms @ 4 ohms or 100@2 ohms. Also stable down to one ohm.
But only have 2 channels available for mids n highs.
Can fit up to 6.5 in my door. And 5.25 probably best in rear. Sorry if this is messy, did it quick on my cell

kramer_212
11-05-2011, 03:34 PM
All I know is I put some of the best pioneers. (Not stage 4) 6.5 comps in an Malibu yesterday and couldn't believe the sound loud and clear especially for $110the for a new set on eBay......would say the sound was smoother than colored like other pioneers

Why So Cereal?
11-05-2011, 03:40 PM
All I know is I put some of the best pioneers. (Not stage 4) 6.5 comps in an Malibu yesterday and couldn't believe the sound loud and clear especially for $110the for a new set on eBay......would say the sound was smoother than colored like other pioneers

Pioneer TS d1720c...lol got em. I like em especially for the price but maybe its just me but there's a nasty peak around 2500hz and it makes some vocals sound tinny almost and tweeter seems to get confused sometimes. Lol
but for tthe price and a person not as picky as me they are the FIRST set id recommend to anyone! May use some part of em in my new setup,idk yet

kramer_212
11-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Pioneer TS d1720c...lol got em. I like em especially for the price but maybe its just me but there's a nasty peak around 2500hz and it makes some vocals sound tinny almost and tweeter seems to get confused sometimes. Lol
but for tthe price and a person not as picky as me they are the FIRST set id recommend to anyone! May use some part of em in my new setup,idk yet

What's your eq and crossovers set like?

Why So Cereal?
11-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Got em high passed at 63hz. Using the passive xover between tweet and mid. Eq is flat except for some cutting at 2500hz by 2db, 4db sometimes.
I try to only do subtractive eq'ing. The low xover point is what I think is giving me that peak.

fish1234
11-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Try some Diamond Hex 600s comps, tweets come down to 1800 hz. 150 RMS, very impressive midbass as well. You can have your tweeter placed a good distance from your midbass/midrange and still blend well because of the lower cutoff frequency for the tweeters. They do sound very well, but are a little pricey. I run some older Diamonds and love the tonality of them. Make sure they are the new models of the Hex's.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Looked into those comps and they seem pretty decent. Depends on the price I find em for tho. I'm really wanting to try setting something up myself. Maybe a 4 ohm tweet n mid and using hpf and lpf to bi amp them and get a 2 ohm load on my amp for more power.

duanebro
11-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Looked into those comps and they seem pretty decent. Depends on the price I find em for tho. I'm really wanting to try setting something up myself. Maybe a 4 ohm tweet n mid and using hpf and lpf to bi amp them and get a 2 ohm load on my amp for more power.

it doesn't work like that. the simple answer is because they of the xo the mid and tweet play different frequencies. So the ohms stay the same, 4 ohms in this case. There is a lot more to it than that though.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I was talkin about using the separate hpf n.lpf u can buy on pe.com not just a passive xover but that was just a quick idea. I may buy a passive from dayton and match a mid n tweet. Or I wouldn't mind trying a full range driver with maybe a high tweeter

Jeremy M
11-06-2011, 02:17 PM
i'd focus more right now on front stage if i were u. a properly setup front stage will never make u feel like your missing rear fill.

and get a bigger 4 channel if it was me, or find a beastly 2 channel to just run some good mids off of.

duanebro
11-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't use the passive xo that pe sells. You need to design an xo to match the drivers used, if you are new to this don't start on your car. Home audio is hard enough. Going active is much easier.

mylows10
11-06-2011, 02:27 PM
i have these in my truck and they sound amazing ES 010 (http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/tweeters/es-010.htm) but you may also look at these too TW 19 (http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/tweeters/tw-19.htm) and if you like either let me know . these for mids ES 5 (http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/midwoofers/es5.htm) ES 06 (http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/midwoofers/es06.htm) and for the doors

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Ive already got midbass covered so just looking for midrange and highs. Most of the raw drivers I've looked into have been rated around 50wrms so I dont think I necessarily need more power just trying to decide which setup will give me the best imaging and depth

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Don't use the passive xo that pe sells. You need to design an xo to match the drivers used, if you are new to this don't start on your car. Home audio is hard enough. Going active is much easier.

Jus from curiosity what's wrong with the Dayton xos? Its not as simple as choosing the xover freq?

duanebro
11-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Jus from curiosity what's wrong with the Dayton xos? Its not as simple as choosing the xover freq?

no its not, the xo point changes as the impedance changes, and the impedance can change as much as 20 ohms. it also will affect the phase of the speakers.

getting a small amp for your tweeters and and active xo is a better choice, unless you can measure frequency response and impedance of the installed drivers.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Well I was thinking that since madisound usually models the drivers as well, and the xos are setup to work with 8 ohm tweets and 4 or 8 ohm mids. I could make sure I choose tthe drivers wwith correct nominal impedance and with an Fs out of the range it will be playing....still wont work?? I'm still learning here.

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Tang Band W8-1772 8" Neodymium Full Range Driver 264-893 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-893)

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Can't fit an 8

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Can't fit an 8

Where there is a will there is a way,lol

i2ain2thunder
11-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Fitting an 8 will do wonders.....awwwwww yyeeeeaaaahhhhhh kinda wonders. I don't know what it is about midbass 8s they just do it for me they bring the substage forward quite a bit and seem to balance out the highs better.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I also agree where theres a will theres a way, may need to do some fiberglass work but be worth it.

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 05:16 PM
One thing is for shure with a 8" fullrange setup up front you def would not need any rear fill.

duanebro
11-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I would never use that driver in a car. It is ment to be rear horn loaded, in a TL, or at least in a big ported box. And will most likely need to be on axis to sound good. plus they are $250 each!

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
what about a full range driver such as this Fostex FF125WK 5" Full Range: Madisound Speaker Store (http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-fullrange/fostex-ff125wk-5-full-range/) in my door.

then, if necessary, a tweeter crossed high (maybe 5k) and placed high on the pillar?

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM
or maybe this on midrange duty Scanspeak 15M/4624G Discovery, 5.25" Midrange: Madisound Speaker Store (http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-midrange/scanspeak-15m/4624g-discovery-5.25-midrange/) and a tweet....but then I'd need passive xo's built......i think

duanebro
11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Now you're getting somewhere. Yes you will need a tweeter with the scan speak driver. And a xo.

If you look at the impedance graph for that driver you can see that, although it is a 4 ohm driver, if you crossover at 3,000 Hz the impedance is about 8 ohms. This is one of the reasons passive xo's are hard to do. Oh and the impedance can change when you put it in a box!

Duane

i2ain2thunder
11-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Clarion U.S.A. | SRQ1621S (http://clarion.com/us/en/products/2011/audio/speakers/srq/SRQ1621S/us-en-product-pf_1259459365542.html)

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Now you're getting somewhere. Yes you will need a tweeter with the scan speak driver. And a xo.

If you look at the impedance graph for that driver you can see that, although it is a 4 ohm driver, if you crossover at 3,000 Hz the impedance is about 8 ohms. This is one of the reasons passive xo's are hard to do. Oh and the impedance can change when you put it in a box!

Duane

would my door count as an impedance changing box? what about a lower xover point? but then that might require me to keep the mid and tweeter closer together...or maybe try a diff driver? What should I be looking for in a mid chart? flat impedance?

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Clarion U.S.A. | SRQ1621S (http://clarion.com/us/en/products/2011/audio/speakers/srq/SRQ1621S/us-en-product-pf_1259459365542.html)

thats actually a pretty **** freq response! but Idk will those will even be better than my Pioneer D series comps?

also whats the xover freq...all is see is a 6db slope

Edit: seems to be around 3k with 6db slope.

not sure if I'm wanting those though....

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi-Vi FR600 6" 2-way Autosound System: Madisound Speaker Store (http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-kits/hi-vi-fr600-6-2-way-autosound-system/)

what about these?

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Dayton Audio ND105-4 4" Aluminum Cone Midbass Driver 4 Ohm 290-212 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-212)
These little guys are ****** looking. There are tons of them on you tube gettin down.

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi-Vi FR600 6" 2-way Autosound System: Madisound Speaker Store (http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-kits/hi-vi-fr600-6-2-way-autosound-system/)

what about these?
I linked those along time ago in a thread i think it was to you even. Anyways, they should sound great especially with the ribbon tweeters and the fact that hivi is really good stuff. I say try them, ribbon tweets are supposed to be the bees knees.

whitedragon551
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Try some Diamond Hex 600s comps, tweets come down to 1800 hz. 150 RMS, very impressive midbass as well. You can have your tweeter placed a good distance from your midbass/midrange and still blend well because of the lower cutoff frequency for the tweeters. They do sound very well, but are a little pricey. I run some older Diamonds and love the tonality of them. Make sure they are the new models of the Hex's.

The aluminum tweeters are very harsh.

What HU are you using? Putting tweeters high up on the dash or pillars doesnt necessarily raise your stage. It can cause all kinds of reflection issues off of dash boards, windshields, etc. You need to implement it properly.

Look at the LPG 25NFA tweeters and a set of Aura NS6 4 ohm mids for an active front stage.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Dayton Audio ND105-4 4" Aluminum Cone Midbass Driver 4 Ohm 290-212 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-212)
These little guys are ****** looking. There are tons of them on you tube gettin down.

all i see is midbass vids. I already have midbass. need midrange and highs

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 08:26 PM
The aluminum tweeters are very harsh.

What HU are you using? Putting tweeters high up on the dash or pillars doesnt necessarily raise your stage. It can cause all kinds of reflection issues off of dash boards, windshields, etc. You need to implement it properly.

Look at the LPG 25NFA tweeters and a set of Aura NS6 4 ohm mids for an active front stage.

Pioneer Avh p4300dvd. Only processing I really have is sonic center control. Cant go active on it, or on my amp. Thats why I was looking to do something passive. Looks like I might be stuck with a regular passive 2 way again :(

whitedragon551
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Pioneer Avh p4300dvd. Only processing I really have is sonic center control. Cant go active on it, or on my amp. Thats why I was looking to do something passive. Looks like I might be stuck with a regular passive 2 way again :(

What your trying to do is a waste of time. Id get a different headunit with active capabilities and time alignment. That would make raising your stage much easier. Then run an active 2 way front stage+sub. You will have much better results than trying to cobble together a 3 way passive setup with no time alignment.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
What your trying to do is a waste of time. Id get a different headunit with active capabilities and time alignment. That would make raising your stage much easier. Then run an active 2 way front stage+sub. You will have much better results than trying to cobble together a 3 way passive setup with no time alignment.

the sonic center control is pretty much a time alignment between left and right. But you may be right, I may need to try active, doubt I'll go changing my HU but maybe an active xover or an active capable amp

whitedragon551
11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
the sonic center control is pretty much a time alignment between left and right. But you may be right, I may need to try active, doubt I'll go changing my HU but maybe an active xover or an active capable amp

An active HU is much easier to tune on the fly than a crossover or amp.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Guess I should set it up like I did last time (quasi-active) and find me a better 2 way passive comp set.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
http://www.daytonaudio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/s/rs100-4_impedance_phase.gif

this the impedance/phase plot of the Dayton RS100-4, from what I can see, within the range I will be using it, it stays between 3 ohms and 5 ohms doesnt cross 5 ohm mark until 5khz which I plan to have it crossed by then anyway.....could this possibly work with one of the Dayton passives? since they like 8 or 4 ohm nominal mids.

anyone?

duanebro
11-06-2011, 09:26 PM
It doesn't matter so much what the impedance is, as long as you know so you can get the right value. I was just trying to show why a pe xo might not work as expected. Are you close to Michigan? I have a measuring system. I am going to try to do a passive system also. I'm not trying to tell you not to do this, it can work well I think. I just want you to know what you are getting into.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
It doesn't matter so much what the impedance is, as long as you know so you can get the right value. I was just trying to show why a pe xo might not work as expected. Are you close to Michigan? I have a measuring system. I am going to try to do a passive system also. I'm not trying to tell you not to do this, it can work well I think. I just want you to know what you are getting into.

nope! nowhere near michigan! way down in GA. but yea, I'm up for the challenge and learning experience!(dont have access to a soldering iron or anything though) I'm thinking that the Dayton xo should work with that midrange I quoted up there.....or am I wrong? what am I missing? Its my understanding that doubling the impedance will change the xo freq by an octave but since the driver i listed above doesnt even reach 5ohms until 5khz, shouldnt that work?

duanebro
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
It could, I don't know. It would get you in the ball park. What tweeter are you wanting to use? and what midbase?

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I have a brand new set of kicker ssmb6s that I never got around to installing before so I'm gonna try them out for midbass they sound pretty good freeair in my room on about 50wrms ill be givin em 125+ in my car in vented kicks. As for tweeter I haven't decided yet. Ill have to do some more looking. May stick with all dayton or try an LPG or vifa....or maybe a ribbon tweet

duanebro
11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd say that the Dayton rs 100 is a good start, It will be better than most component systems on the market as far as a mid range driver. I'd get a Tweeter like the Vifa NE25VTA that is on sale Vifa NE25VTA-04 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter 264-1038 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1038). Or the Vifa xt25sc90 because it looks cool! Vifa NE25VTA-04 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter 264-1038 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1038)

I have a NE25 in my center channel of my HT. I Like it a lot.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Iirc, the Dayton passives require a 8 ohm nominal tweet. But id still need to find the impedance plots anyway.

duanebro
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
With out being able to measure you will have to voice these by ear. You will need a soldering iron. But to start just a good way to connect the leads to gather will be better - something like the terminal blocks Radio Shack sells. It will be easier to change that way. Then buy several power resistors. (Like 1, 2 ,and 4 ohm) so you can play with padding the tweeter.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Well I'm gonna try to match the sensitivities as close as possible. (Even though the placement will change that anyway) or try some subtractive eq work and different placements then if all else fails try some attenuation.

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 10:47 PM
nope! nowhere near michigan! way down in GA. but yea, I'm up for the challenge and learning experience!(dont have access to a soldering iron or anything though) I'm thinking that the Dayton xo should work with that midrange I quoted up there.....or am I wrong? what am I missing? Its my understanding that doubling the impedance will change the xo freq by an octave but since the driver i listed above doesnt even reach 5ohms until 5khz, shouldnt that work?

The people at parts express are very knowledgable and can help you decide and pick out wich crossover would be best for whatever speakers you decide to go with.

duanebro
11-06-2011, 10:51 PM
For the tweeter (ne25 in this case, but if the impedance on the other is close it should work) use a 8uF cap and a .2mH inductor. (about 4K xo point) This should get you started. I don't have the rs 100 fr and impedance to model it. But I can get it if you want to pursue this.

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 10:54 PM
The people at parts express are very knowledgable and can help you decide and pick out wich crossover would be best for whatever speakers you decide to go with.

sent emails to them as well as dayton audio an hour ago

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
For the tweeter (ne25 in this case, but if the impedance on the other is close it should work) use a 8uF cap and a .2mH inductor. (about 4K xo point) This should get you started. I don't have the rs 100 fr and impedance to model it. But I can get it if you want to pursue this.

Dayton Audio XO2W-3.5K 2-Way Crossover 3,500 Hz 260-146 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-146) i was actually gonna see if I can make this preassembled xover work for me. I'm pretty sure that with the Dayton mid i chose, it will be fine. I just need to find a tweeter that also fits the 8ohm nominal impedance with as low of an Fs as I can find. If all else fails I may end up completely constructing my own xover or maybe modding the Dayton one.

think the Dayton mid will be fine to cross that high?

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Dayton's tweeters **** balls for setting up passively. anything above 3khz just starts shooting up to 10 ohms plus

then again, if I plan on using the 3.5khz xover point, thats precisely the point where the impedance plot crosses 8 ohms which is what the Dayton XO wants....hmmm

duanebro
11-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Dayton Audio XO2W-3.5K 2-Way Crossover 3,500 Hz 260-146 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-146) i was actually gonna see if I can make this preassembled xover work for me. I'm pretty sure that with the Dayton mid i chose, it will be fine. I just need to find a tweeter that also fits the 8ohm nominal impedance with as low of an Fs as I can find. If all else fails I may end up completely constructing my own xover or maybe modding the Dayton one.

think the Dayton mid will be fine to cross that high?

I'd cross the mid at 3000-3500. Those values are for the tweeter. and it doesn't roll off at 12db at first. It should sum close to flat. Non of what we have discussed has dealt with phase issues. ;(

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Actually may end up using the LPG tweet WD recommended but will probably require a higher xover point. but shouldnt be a problem

Edit: since the rule of thumb is that with a 12db slope, you cross at double the resonant frequency of the tweeter, the 3.5k xover point should be fine...

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 11:30 PM
sent emails to them as well as dayton audio an hour ago

You should be able to call them and get someone asap that way.Just gotta wait till tomorrow to call them. I have heard several places that they are great to work with. Man i would love to go to their showroom!

Why So Cereal?
11-06-2011, 11:31 PM
I'd cross the mid at 3000-3500. Those values are for the tweeter. and it doesn't roll off at 12db at first. It should sum close to flat. Non of what we have discussed has dealt with phase issues. ;(

well as far as phasing I was thinking of just playing around with it like i had to do with my pioneers. Switching polarities, moving the tweets around. Then I think with the higher xover point I may go with, that will eliminate some phasing issues......I think. I'm also thinking the higher xover will eliminate any peaks in that sensitive area of the human ear (that can come from phase issues).

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

You should be able to call them and get someone asap that way.Just gotta wait till tomorrow to call them. I have heard several places that they are great to work with. Man i would love to go to their showroom!

so would i man! but i've talked to them before and they were always very helpful. I'm a pe customer for life.

dontbeaprix
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Holy cow it is only 3 hours away from me, I see a roadtrip coming up!

duanebro
11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I was there in July. They have a tent sale and car show, plus a lot more. I couldn't stay very long, but I want to go back this year, even though it is a 4 hour drive!

Why So Cereal?
11-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Yall are lucky,My area ***** for anything SQ even my nearest HAT dealer wouldn't let me listen to the speakers. Most shops around me are all about old school chevys with way too many subs.

duanebro
11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=princ3cmo;7799779]well as far as phasing I was thinking of just playing around with it like i had to do with my pioneers. Switching polarities, moving the tweets around. Then I think with the higher xover point I may go with, that will eliminate some phasing issues......I think. I'm also thinking the higher xover will eliminate any peaks in that sensitive area of the human ear (that can come from phase issues).

With the higher xo I'd try to keep the drivers close together. - but in the end just go with what sounds the best. :)

I am also thinking about doing the custom passive thing, I have some ns6 woofers and pe has vifa tweets without a faceplate for $10. I have an omnimic and some xo parts laying around...

duanebro
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
nothing in town here is any good. I have started my own audio company, but haven't done anything yet.

Why So Cereal?
11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I saw those vifa tweets. Those ns6s get great reviews too. I think youll like it bro. Hopefully I can get mine up and runnin and it sounds good.

Why So Cereal?
11-07-2011, 12:14 AM
nothing in town here is any good. I have started my own audio company, but haven't done anything yet.

Dood, make some stuff so I can try it out

Why So Cereal?
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
got in touch with Pe today and the Dayton RS100-8 will indeed work with the Dayton passive xover. But,......I'll lose about 3db in comparison to what I have running up front now (Pioneer TS D1720c). Any suggestions??

audiobaun
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Cdt:d

Why So Cereal?
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Cdt:d

main issue with CDT is that I cant find the impedance plots to match the driver with the passive xover I'm using and most "midrange drivers" dont seem to match up too well on the impedance plot when I'm trying to cross as high as 3.5khz. Full range drivers (like the Dayton RS100) seem to be my best bet. PE techs also told me this same thing unless I'd like to pay more for a midrange that can go that high on that xover. :(

The pe tech also told me , after I explained to him my intended setup, that the dayton should keep up nicely with my other drivers. So I guess I'm gonna see what happens. The price on the Dayton is pretty smexy too.

audiobaun
11-07-2011, 07:13 PM
HMMMM ! Hope it works well for you..sounds like you have your decision made.:D Id like to hear how everything works out.:veryexci:

Why So Cereal?
11-07-2011, 07:19 PM
yea...i think lol Now i need to choose a xover point. But I'll be sure to post some results whenever I finish it.

Why So Cereal?
11-12-2011, 09:26 AM
looks like I'm gonna be running the dayton rs150 for midrange up to 2k then a dayton tweeter to match it (unless I can find a better one that will play low enough)

2 questions now though: What should I run as rear fill to blend with this? and will I need to add another tweeter crossed high to reinforce really high freqs since my tweet will be playing so low?

duanebro
11-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Just use one tweeter. Using more than one just leads to problems. Pickup a pair of aura ns6-8 for the rear fill. run them full range to start. They are less than $25 a pair. You could pick up some extras as they are only $8 if you buy 12. ;) I'd like a few more ;)

Why So Cereal?
11-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I can't even fit those up front and my rears are crazy shallow.
U should buy those dayton rs150s and ssend some to me :)

duanebro
11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
LOL, I was actually thinking that you were close to me. I'm talking to too many people here! :) I'd just forget the rear fill.

Why So Cereal?
11-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I'll see how it sounds without it, but I always have preferred rear fill.

whitedragon551
11-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Without time alignment rear fill is useless and will cause issues.

Why So Cereal?
11-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Without time alignment rear fill is useless and will cause issues.

so i've heard. some guys over on diyma recommended a mini DSP for t/a so i'm probably gonna try that. just gotta decide what driver to use and what frequencies

duanebro
11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
The mini dsp looks sweet. If you want to go active that should work great too. If you get one make sure you review it here.

Why So Cereal?
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
The mini dsp looks sweet. If you want to go active that should work great too. If you get one make sure you review it here.

I thought about goin active with it but that still requires me getting more amps to use for different channels for each driver. But, I may try to use the t/a on it if my front stage doesnt do it for me and my rear fill wont blend right.