PDA

View Full Version : cd7200 mkII owners

Big Ry
11-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Got some Q's :)

I'm thinking about replacing my 9800BT with this deck, but there are a few things that might make or break it for me. I can't easily find answers for them via Google.

1) How user friendly is the iPod interface? The 9800BT's interface isn't too bad; however there is a slight lag in loading the lists. My biggest pet peeve though is when searching through directories and hitting "back". It doesn't take you back where you left off in the parent directory. It takes you back to the beginning of the parent directory which is SUPER annoying. Does the cd7200 do this? How about lag in the 7200?

2) I know eclipse units don't have pause, which is retarded. But I circumvented that problem with my cd8445 by simply powering the unit off when I needed to pause. I discovered that the 8445 has a very quick boot/shut down...none of that silly holding in buttons and counting to 3 garbage. Is the cd7200 the same?

3) Does anyone know if the iPod mp3's will be converted to analog via the eclipse's DAC? Or do I have to rely on whatever crap DAC apple put in my 5 year old iPod for the conversion?

4) Can the BT be programmed to auto-connect? I was able...1 time...in the 5 years I've owned my 9800BT to get my phone to auto-connect to the deck. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I did to do that. It was with a Blackberry Bold 9000. Now with my Droid 2, I have to turn BT on, but I don't have to enter a password. If I simply leave BT on, it won't connect. The Bold was AT&T, every other phone I've owned was/is Verizon if that makes a difference.

5) Does the BT-phone echo? The BT on my 9800 echos so bad I really can't even use it. I hear no echo, but everyone on the other line complains. I tried with and without echo cancel on. I don't know if its just the acoustics of my vehicle or the design of the BT in the deck.

6) Does the cd7200 have BT-audio? I don't see it listed as a feature on Crutchfield, so I'm going to guess No. I didn't think I'd ever use it on my 9800, but I found that when I get tired of the music on my iPod, I can DL a couple songs real quick on my Droid 2 and stream them via BT. The Droids DAC is actually surprisingly good. Also, Pandora in the car is a nice feature :)

I think thats all I got for now. The cd7200 is a big step up in SQ and ads a bit more flexibility from my 9800. I just really don't want to lose the functionality (or my sanity) just for the sake of some more SQ. Its not like I'm running top of the line gear throughout my car anyway. Thanks in advance for any input.

99chevy7.4L
11-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I am going to say the 7200 won't be that feature oriented as its a SQ deck nothing more nothing less. Features or I should say alot of features is not something pure SQ decks are known for. I know the 7200 is MP3 capable but I am not sure about BT. MP3 doesn't have purist type sound quality anyway. (too compressed) Just my opinion.

Big Ry
11-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I am going to say the 7200 won't be that feature oriented as its a SQ deck nothing more nothing less. Features or I should say alot of features is not something pure SQ decks are known for. I know the 7200 is MP3 capable but I am not sure about BT. MP3 doesn't have purist type sound quality anyway. (too compressed) Just my opinion.

I know. Its a balance between SQ and functionality that I'm looking for. MP3 certainly isn't ideal, but with an iPod you have the option of apple lossless. Its not quite CD quality, but its better than MP3. As for BT-audio, I'm not sure if something like a FLAC file could be converted to analog and transmitted in as high of quality as it would be if it were just converted to analog and played on the device. So if I'm looking for SQ, I'll rely on CDs and lossless compression on my iPod or USB. That will suffice for me.