PDA

View Full Version : Aq hdc310

Qexler
11-03-2011, 04:38 PM
I am falling under some confusion when trying to figure out a design for this woofer.
I am going to be running one AQHDC310 alone in the trunk of my Cobalt SS on
a Audiopipe 1500D Amp at 1ohm load. (battery and alt stock)
I have came up with one design so far that I think may work pretty well and I would
really enjoy everyone and anyone's input! I am always open for advice and ideas!
This design is focused towards it being a daily driver with all SPL.

The current box specs are
""Box dimensions""
13" height
28" width
19" depth
""port dimensions"" ""SLOT PORT""
3.125" width
11.5" height
39" port length

(( 2 Cubic feet tuned to 34hz ))

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Moble Enclosurs
11-04-2011, 02:45 AM
I will be happy to look at this for you in the morning. I am at work right now, but let me see what I can come up with for some info for you based on your design idea. Get back to you soon. :)

TaylorFade
11-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Holy long port. I hate making ports that long, but there's no rule against it and I've never actually tested more area/long port vs. less area/shorter port, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Let us know how it work out!

Moble Enclosurs
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Ok. The first thing I noticed is that the compression chamber to port volume ratio is pretty good. The tuning may be a bit lower than 34Hz, but this is based on a rough 2 cubic ft volume as mentioned. There is a decent spl peak at resonance and denotes that the driver is meant for spl. One of the more important factors that I take a look at is the efficiency. This drives the output and safe operation of the system. With your parameters of that enclosure, the efficiency is no more than a prefab design, but fortunately even though there is a high spl peak, the efficiency is much smoother than the response...which means quite a bit of output can be achieved from this driver. The other important factor I look at is the phase. The phase will determine along with excursion and other factors, the actual response passband of the entire design, so phase is important and this design has a smooth phase down to around 26Hz or so, but then goes crazy. This will effect the quality of the output a bit when dealing with timbre. Now, what I did notice is that this driver, based on my own figures, will like much more port area than you have already, which will yes, increase the tuning, but also smooth the response phase out MUCH better than before and allows for a full 1.5 octave passband along with 3-4X the efficiency of the current design. This port can be up to 3 times the area for keeping good compression also with the compression chamber being enlarged a bit as well...by another cubic ft. These subs actually like a larger compression area. overall...great design. Not optimal, but efficiency is on the high side of the prefab average. output can be increase from about 35Hz and up by at least 3dB with a larger compression and port area. Fine tuning will need to be done, but if your ok with the design as is, it will be good for sql output. Not sure what your car will do without calculating it(requires purchase of a design), but anechoically, this box is pretty good for that sub. A little peaky at resonance, but can be great with enough power in a vehicle to smooth the response a bit. Hope this helps.