PDA

View Full Version : pioneer pro 12's box?

rta60460
11-03-2011, 04:16 AM
For the pioneer champion pro 12's pioneer recomends a max ported box of 1.6 cu ft with a 3" round port thats 3.5" long..so if my calculations are right thats like almost 45hz....does this sound right? would it have good lows or should i go down to 32 or 35hz or would that make it sound like crap with these subs?

jolly_26
11-03-2011, 04:27 AM
definitely go lower than 45, assuming you want to hit the lows properly. I've got a mate with subs that claim the freq response ends at 38Hz; he has them in a 30Hz box and they sound better than they did in a box tuned to 42Hz by a long way.

Have a look at the page of free box plans sticky'd in this forum, and pick one out. If you want a really good setup get a vendor here to design you one specifically for your needs, I think they're pretty cheap, and by the sounds of it they pretty much all turn out awesome box designs.

Moble Enclosurs
11-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Do you have the ts specs on those subs? I can look into them if you do. If not, I can come up with something good anyhow based on averaged parameters.

rta60460
11-04-2011, 04:38 AM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Pioneer%20TS-W3002%202502%20instruction%20manual.pdf

Moble Enclosurs
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the manual. For the D4 version, they work perfectly at 34.15Hz. So, tuning less than 45 is definitely a must! A 3" round port is not enough for these drivers. if you were to utilize round ports, (2) 6" round ports are best. You need more to optimize efficiency. Having that 3" port is so they can keep the box small for you, because consumers love compact stuff, and it keep the tuning low. The port should not control tuning any more than the compression area and when it is used jsut for tuning, it is being used wrong. it needs to be used for coupling the driver to the atmosphere, not constrain it for lower tuning......just a heads up for those interested in designing. That is my basic take on what you have going so far. Hope it helps. :)

rta60460
11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
so do you build n sell enclosures? if so how much would you charge for the enclosure I need..and yes they are the D4........if not are you saying a 1.6 cu ft/chamber with one 6" port per chamber? if so how long is the port? or would a slot port box be better than round port? i know re audio has a box designer on there sight that lts you figure out slot ported style boxes n tuning n such...thanks for all your help

Moble Enclosurs
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
so do you build n sell enclosures? if so how much would you charge for the enclosure I need..and yes they are the D4........if not are you saying a 1.6 cu ft/chamber with one 6" port per chamber? if so how long is the port? or would a slot port box be better than round port? i know re audio has a box designer on there sight that lts you figure out slot ported style boxes n tuning n such...thanks for all your help

Not a problem! yes, I do design and my company does build enclosures for sell. The designs are cheap right now at only 9.99-19.99 a design depending on what you want done (more details at HOW TO ORDER!!! - Mobile Enclosures - Custom subwoofer boxes (http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com/how-to-order/)). If you become interested, I can figure something out for you. Just let me know. If not, I will help you as much as I can here with very basic info. Also, I would not recommend using the online calculators for port dimensions. Hope this helps!

rta60460
11-04-2011, 10:29 PM
I looked at the site..so for 9.99 i can get basic prints telling me what the cutouts are to build the box i need ?

Moble Enclosurs
11-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I looked at the site..so for 9.99 i can get basic prints telling me what the cutouts are to build the box i need ?

That is correct! For a limited time. I will be offering this to the end of the year.
Maybe longer :)

rta60460
11-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Ok i just payed the 9.99 through paypal..it came from robertnjess@

Moble Enclosurs
11-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Ok, I will be working on the design over the weekend! If you can as well, go to the same site and download the order form to fill out for me to get an idea exactly what your looking for. If I have any questions in the meantime I will let you know, and please ask me questions as well if you have any. Talk to you soon!

rta60460
11-06-2011, 01:18 AM
My comp is fn up and won't let me open the order form.. I did some measuring and im thinkin it needs to stay in the range of 13.5" H 34"W 24"D

Moble Enclosurs
11-06-2011, 01:39 AM
My comp is fn up and won't let me open the order form.. I did some measuring and im thinkin it needs to stay in the range of 13.5" H 34"W 24"D

Ok kewl. Ill go with that. Ill pm you the details in the meantime. No rush.

slvrado28z
11-06-2011, 01:43 AM
what happen bro u never got back to me on my box...

Moble Enclosurs
11-06-2011, 01:50 AM
what happen bro u never got back to me on my box...

No problem! I apologize if I didn't get back to you yet. The information I had for you must have been on my other computer that crashed because I do not have your folder in the new computer. I lost everything on the old one. If you can PM me, we can get you set up asap! Again, Im sorry I didn't contact you back...with so many people in the works right now and all of the information gone from before, it was difficult to find everyone that was in line for a design at that time without having remembered their username or anything they wanted. SO, please PM me and Ill put your design up front, ok? Hope to hear from you soon!

Also, for what happened, I'm not sure if we had talked about a design cost or not before or if it was a freebie from my experimentation of some formulas, but consider this on the house for the trouble and time lost.