PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting started.

Audion00b
10-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi! I'm pretty much brand-new to your forums, and I have alot of questions that I am not seeming to find elsewhere.

Basically: I have already decided to go with a ported/vented sub box. I personally have an enclosed in my car, but this is for a family members who wants it for other reasons. I want to build the enclosure specifically for the subwoofer driver I will be using.

The sub drivers are the power-acoustik p3-12w (only one driver) On the PA page you can pull up the driver specs. I will be driving it withing the rated rms/peak with a mono sub amp, and I have done all of the wiring as professional as it can get. I don't want to cut ANY corners!

I'm a pretty smart cookie, and I enjoy doing everything myself, but being that I am brand new to building enclosures, things can get overwhelming even though it is/may seem simple.

The car I will be installing it into is a 2002/3 toyota avalon (in the trunk) and the trunk looks like this. h t t p : / / g o o . g l / s U x o J (minus the onslaught of spaces lol)

With the measurements of (35 inches length, 13 inches height clearance, and a depth of 1 foot+) the depth can be lengthed, but Being that I am aiming for a rectangle box, depth is already a little big.

I am just kind of confused with how to calculate the proper box enclosure size, and how to port it properly. I already know how to build them properly, I just need to know what I'm building lol.

>>SQL<<
10-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Well we have a few guys onb this forum that design boxes.

You give them the sub you are using and the measurements of your space and they design a box that you can build.

Search for Ram-Designs, Buck, or Mobile Enclosures.

Any one of them should be able to take care of you.

Audion00b
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Awesome. Do they charge for their time or is it more of a hobby-based thing.

I'd love for a professional hobbyist to have a look over this :)

Moble Enclosurs
10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Hello Audion00b, I do charge for designs, but it is very inexpensive at less than $20 for a complete design including vehicle calculations for transfer function. But if you just want some info, I can do that as well, but cannot provide exact details of measurements and volumes without a purchase. If you jsut want to know what kind of ideas you can do, or anything audio related, let me know anytime. :) And dont feel afraid to tell me no on doing a design for you. A lot of people do not want to pay for a design and that is perfectly ok.

pro-rabbit
10-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Hello Audion00b, I do charge for designs, but it is very inexpensive at less than $20 for a complete design including vehicle calculations for transfer function. But if you just want some info, I can do that as well, but cannot provide exact details of measurements and volumes without a purchase. If you jsut want to know what kind of ideas you can do, or anything audio related, let me know anytime. :) And dont feel afraid to tell me no on doing a design for you. A lot of people do not want to pay for a design and that is perfectly ok.

Put it very well right there.

There are many of this board who can design and/or help with what ever is needed.

However, for what your looking for if you tool around on google for a while you will find some great reading material to help you understand the some answers to what your asking. There are many different ideas on port area, tuning, and designs in general. As I always say, audio it is very subjective and as such no one will like/want/hear the same thing as some one else.