PDA

View Full Version : new headunit stopped working after just one day

mr pee
10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Newbie hear looking for advise after searching for quite a while I bit the bullet on one of these all singing dancing double din head units that that seem to be everywhere at the moment from Honghong I did have reservations about buying this but did see a post on the Audi forum from a member who had installed what seemed to be the same unit, and when I read it had a Samsung processor I decided to take the plunge I paid 340 great price fitted it yesterday all plug and play started it up and it was brill, tried the hands free via Bluetooth excellent despite no external separate mike, DVD worked fine in fact was well impressed the sound was better than my stock system the only thing that didn't seem to work was the satnav it was saying no software found despite having the SD card inserted in. any way I was playing around with it tuning radio stations ect and it has gone off fuses are ok I pressed restore button and the lights at the entrance to the dvd/cd slot light up briefly then go out and also there is a quiet ticking sound when you press the power button

Imtjnotu
10-30-2011, 03:49 PM
check ur power wires in the back make sure none came undone or that the harness didnt disconnect....

disturbed471985
10-30-2011, 03:53 PM
^^^ if that is all good read the trouble shooting section in your manual if still no idea then call manf. Then if all else fails have a shop or like place take a look at it. A link to said unit might be somewhat helpful..

mr pee
10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
^^^ if that is all good read the trouble shooting section in your manual if still no idea then call manf. Then if all else fails have a shop or like place take a look at it. A link to said unit might be somewhat helpful..

Yeh did read trouble shooting only reference to not working at all was check wires fuse but there is defo power there I cannot state the make as it does not say strange I know, worst case I can oviously send it back under warranty but means sending it back to Hong kong at my exspense and if they choose to ignore me dont know how I would take any action guess I have learned the hard way

disturbed471985
10-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Give the manf a call its worth a shot maybe its a security issue who knows I would not just give up on it.

mr pee
10-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Give the manf a call its worth a shot maybe its a security issue who knows I would not just give up on it.

Yeh i wont just give up on it but as i said before strange as it seems no manufactures name on it even the box just says double din satnav unit

disturbed471985
10-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Then call who u bought from I doubt they can help u fix but I would much rather be out shipping cost then out a whole unit..

mr pee
10-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Then call who u bought from I doubt they can help u fix but I would much rather be out shipping cost then out a whole unit..

Yeh already emailed them just waiting on there reply not sure what time it is in Hong kong thanks for your input anyhow