PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Car Alarm

Stewk2
03-01-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm looking for a good car alarm. any recommendations at a good price? thanks.
Korey

HawaiianHaole
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
I am also looking at getting a new alarm. I think i might also get one that has a remote start. DEI Viper is always a good way to go.

Anyone know what kind of current draw a alarm/remote start has?

Slaymon
03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
The Clifford Matrix 3.5 is a ****** alarm. I'm gettin it installed here within the next week. I got a hook up on it though. It's fairly expensive. The Crimestopper is a pretty good one as well. Not sure if that has remote start or not. The whold DEI line is very good for security.

Pete
03-02-2004, 08:55 PM
dei owns about 85-90% of the mobile security market and they make great products.
The matrix 3.5 is a great alarm with remote start, but not everyone needs the 2 way communication. I install one or two of these almost every day and really like them. There will be about 70 amps worth of fuses for the system... 2 30amp lines for the remote start relays and one 10 amp fuse for the brain.

Slaymon
03-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Pete, how would you rate the difficulty on installed the 3.5? I'm thinkin about tryin it myself since install prices are killer around here. It'll be in a 96 Lumina LS. I'm gettin the battery back up, Piezo siren, mercury tilt and the up/down window feature. Any extra pieces I'll have to buy to install this, like relays, extra wiring?

Pete
03-03-2004, 08:25 PM
it would probably take you 2 full days... maybe more.
I know that just about every installer took a full 8 hours when they did their first 3.5 alarm (well installers that were new to alarms but good at everything else) and that is without the extras that you want to add.

If you haven't installed alarms before I would HIGHLY suggest getting a shop to install it.
I can help with specifics though if you email me, but it will be a tough thing for you to do by yourself.