PDA

View Full Version : will my small box mess up my sub?

99CherokeeSport
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I have 2 ten inch d4vc kicker l5's in a small box with a rubicon 1000 rms amp wired at 1 ohm.i am going to get a box next friday I was looking at this Credence Speakers, Inc.: 210SQSPB (http://credencespeakers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=210SQSPB&Category_Code=Ported_Box) but after talking to few ppl here locally it was said that i can have a custom built box for the same/ less amount of money (the pb totals out to almst 300 with shipping) so my ? is Can my subs mess up in the small box i have?much help appreciated.also im pretty handy and was wondering more or less how much it would cost? im prob. only gonna have 200$ to spend on fri. and i have absolutely no carpenter tools, only tools for my truck.

Dirtrider4eva
10-28-2011, 01:54 PM
i built my box for $50 myself...
its not that hard. just precision and know how to use a hand saw and all...
your first sentence... terrible.
kicker and small boxes = terrible output.
the small box may over heat the subs.

99CherokeeSport
10-28-2011, 02:39 PM
the box building part i get, but how do you make the holes?or squares in my case?i dont have a drill or nothing i was thinking of buying a jigsaw for like 30$ at walmart. will that do or does it have to have some special bit?u think i could carry out the whole project with this? Walmart.com: Black & Decker VS Jig Saw: Tools (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Decker-VS-Jig-Saw/10779763)

Ninesvnsicks
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I use a 20 year old jig saw lol.

xxxbasshead
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
you can build the whole box with just a jig saw but you will need a drill to make a whole where the squares will be in order to be able to get the jigsaw blade in there.

groundpound4200
10-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Go to a pawn shop and pick up a circular saw and a drill. It will be cheaper and you will get better tools that way. You can use a 2x4 and some small clamps for a fence, then all you need is a ruler and a pencil. Not too hard...