PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 5303r questions

99chevy7.4L
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi do you guys know anything about an eclipse 5303R. It an dead head unit as it has no internal amps. Basically a preamp and tuner only. What I was curious to know is do you think it will be as good or maybe even better then my Nakamichi 45z. I am just curious as I can get one cheap. Is there any SQ decks that you know will be better then the NAK? Any help appreciated.

BnGRacing
10-27-2011, 04:58 PM
The 5303R is no joke; very good sounding HU. The specs won't tell you but the DACs older Eclipse HUs used sounded better, IMO, than anyone else's.

99chevy7.4L
11-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Well I got the 5303R head unit. I have installed it. I must say its very nice to listen to but I don't know if its as good all around as my nakamichi 45z was. It does a nice job with the highs and the bass is nice. But the mid range isn't as clear. Female and male vocals are nice. Acoustic guitar is where its lacking. Now I do listen to everything flat. As intended by the artist. I had to redo and change the gain as there was a large diff in the output of the decks. Just an opinion.