PDA

View Full Version : will this design work?

kushy_dreams
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
I have been toying with the idea of basically dropping in the top baffle from the guy with the award winning (usaci iirc) red CRX and 9 Pyle square woofers into the back of a trunk car at an angle that sort of walls off the trunk. I came up with a very basic drawing of it in paint. Would this design work? Would it basically be a 4th order with the port coming from opening up a door/window? I am trying to come up with a large cone area trunk design to mess around with in MECA.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7522/trunkz.jpg

itsblown
10-24-2011, 08:18 PM
:o Honestly Man I have no advice on if it will work or not, but I think you should do it, and then let me see it in person.

sacsking916
10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
so where the seat matches up with the rear deck your going to angle down a box, so firing at the backseat/trunk floor? oh and :fyi: the guy with the car you're referring too was in a crx, not a trunk car

kushy_dreams
10-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea I know his wasnt a trunk car, but the idea is to adapt the top part of his box into a trunk car. The mounting angle of the baffle would determine how high I could mount the subs, but it would start on the underside of the rear deck in the trunk and run at an angle towards the rear of the car, then there would be sides along the wheel wells to seal the cabin from the trunk.

sacsking916
10-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Yea I know his wasnt a trunk car, but the idea is to adapt the top part of his box into a trunk car. The mounting angle of the baffle would determine how high I could mount the subs, but it would start on the underside of the rear deck in the trunk and run at an angle towards the rear of the car, then there would be sides along the wheel wells to seal the cabin from the trunk.

oh ok gotcha. now it makes sense. still dunno if it would work, but i wanted to get more insight on how exactly it would work.

kushy_dreams
10-25-2011, 10:24 PM
No one else wants to share their opinion? I can't believe no one else has tried to do something like this, half clamshell, in a trunk car.

My other idea is to try something like this with 4 15s or 6 10s. Again the cabin will be sealed off from the rest of the trunk so everything fires directly into the cabin.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8287/trunk2.jpg

kushy_dreams
10-26-2011, 07:31 PM
bump

looking for educated opinions, good bad or indifferent

I know the drawings are pretty rough, but I'm pretty sure the idea conveyed is understandable.

F3M4
10-29-2011, 01:13 AM
His name is Taylorfade on here.

Pm him and try to explain yourself a little better.

Us TRS folks are loud eh?

kushy_dreams
10-29-2011, 02:30 PM
I have been kind of leaning towards my 2nd idea of adapting a clamshell into a trunk. I have no idea how to caluclate them, I have been pming people who have done clamshells in the build logs. If anyone sees this and has clamshell experience your input would be greatly appreciated!

duanebro
10-29-2011, 10:21 PM
I'd think that you would need more space to get the box size you'd need. Could you really fit more subs in and have enough room for the box? As far as the clamshell idea, I'd think a little less of an angle, pointing the subs more at each other, could help. Again because it would allow for a bigger box.

Please understand that I have tried none of the above.
Duane

Z1NONLY
10-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I did 4 10's (Free air) in a Sentra with a trunk. I just built two "clamshell?" triangles (holding two subs each). Then mounted both of them to holes I cut in the flat sheet that mounted where the back seat went.