PDA

View Full Version : Would it be worth it?

JoshC
10-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Would it be worth it to pay for a design a sealed enclosure for my sub? I have a builder here that could built it prefect but his ported boxes had odd noise. Basically wondering if with a sealed box, is there a point and having it designed or should i just let him run his program.

Be a sealed 12, looking at TC epic's and DCON's

Louisiana_CRX
10-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Would it be worth it to pay for a design a sealed enclosure for my sub? I have a builder here that could built it prefect but his ported boxes had odd noise. Basically wondering if with a sealed box, is there a point and having it designed or should i just let him run his program.

Be a sealed 12, looking at TC epic's and DCON's

i can get you access to one for free with cut sheet and all

-01limited-
10-18-2011, 12:19 AM
honestly. Just ask around and see what kind of cubes you need and then design one. Its not hard figuring out cubic ft. Length X Width X Height.

just plug in numbers.

JoshC
10-18-2011, 12:23 AM
No i fully understand how to get air space, displacement, and what not. Was just wondering because i dont want to make the box twice lol Im really leaning towards the DCON to save money and so my amp dosnt have to work hard. Seen reviews of 1.25cu saying sounds good, SSA recommends 1.2cu. Thinking the recommendation is pretty close to what they like. Figure a DCON at 400rms will rattle my tiny cab good

Would love some plans, it will be a wedge type 2 box. 10in max at bottom

Moble Enclosurs
10-18-2011, 02:24 AM
I can do a design for you with proper compression and cutout information for less than $10 if you are interested. it will be optimal. And you bring up a good point about concerns with sealed enclosures. They can be designed properly just as any ported one can. I applaud your concern with such a seemingly simple design.

JoshC
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
I can do a design for you with proper compression and cutout information for less than $10 if you are interested. it will be optimal. And you bring up a good point about concerns with sealed enclosures. They can be designed properly just as any ported one can. I applaud your concern with such a seemingly simple design.

Well nothings as easy as it looks with electronics. I noticed on SSA there plans say they can center my Fq on sealed enclosures also?

Moble Enclosurs
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Well nothings as easy as it looks with electronics. I noticed on SSA there plans say they can center my Fq on sealed enclosures also?

It is possible yes. If they say they can do it, and they advertise it, they better be correct in that statement they make. So, since it is possible, I'm sure they can do it if they say they can.